Ocado Technology - Technical Project, Commissioning & Implementation Manager - Dordon, Warwickshire
Technical Project, Commissioning & Implementation Manager - Dordon, Warwickshire
Ocado are in the process of testing and implementing a new Customer Fulfilment Centre at Dordon. The initial process of commissioning and implementing this project will take place over the course of 6 months from December 2012. New technology projects and phases are planned after that. Ocado are looking to employ a new Technology Projects, Commissioning and Implementation Manager to be based at the Dordon site to help with the go-live of this facility and to provide a constant and consistent face for Technology at this site.
The major focus of the Project Manager during this initial 6 month phase will mainly revolve around supporting the operation as the facility goes live, managing Technical issues and working with development teams to resolve issues and deploy fixes.
After the go live of the initial phase of CFC2 it is envisaged that subsequent projects will be implemented at this site and that these candidates will manage the full Technology Lifecycle for these projects.
The development and main management teams for Ocado is based at the Head Office at Hatfield and so the candidate will be expected to travel to Hatfield one day a week on an on-going basis. During the key go-live phases for this project some weekend and overnight working may be required.
For the first 6 months the most significant responsibilities of the Dordon Project Manager will be:
- Acting as a point of contact for the operation and business project teams during the go-live phase of CFC2.
- Tracking and prioritising issues and identifying solutions where appropriate.
- Liaising with external contractors when issues with externally supplied PLC code are discovered.
- Working with internal development teams when issues relating to internally supplied PLC and WMS code are discovered.
- Coordinate and manage the release of new code and bug fixes.
- Carry out on-site testing when required and write any required test plans and support documentation.
- Proven leadership and analytical abilities.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have worked on and managed projects through the full development lifecycle.
- Experience working on software development projects.
- Knowledge of SQL and its use in analysing data from relational databases is essential.
- Ability to interact with developers and technical leads in a technical manner.
- Strong technical background.
- Degree background or equivalent.
- Experience of working with warehouse systems and controlling projects in warehouse/industrial type environments would be an advantage.
- Experience in system design and development would be an advantage.
- Candidates who have moved from a developer background into project management will be looked on favourably.
- Computer Science degree
- Experience of using JIRA for managing bugs and issues.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.