Ever wanted to be part of a brand new engineering team within a state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC)?
Our 2nd CFC is now built and the best technology is currently being installed as we prepare for its opening. During our testing phase and once operational, we will need a dedicated, passionate and skilled Engineering Operations team to ensure we are able to continue with our high level of customer service.
Engineering Technicians play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC), providing 1st response to engineering faults effecting the operation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Attend, diagnose and fix MHE engineering faults, largely mechanically biased but with some electrical
- Completing reactive and planned engineering maintenance activities
- Working closely with Inbound, Outbound and other support teams to optimise availability and performance of the facility, and its MHE automation.
- Report, monitor and analyse data and find solutions to improve MHE performance.
- Maintain and improve performance to maximise efficiency of operation in line with KPIs whilst ensuring
- Involvement with projects within the business to develop an effective engineering install and solution.
- Support and propose innovation ideas to enhance the warehouse or engineering functions and improve the general running of the business.
- Ensure site standards are high. An excellence and proactive approach to all activities and site standards within your area.
What do we need from you?
- Either a recognised Electrical and / or Mechanical engineering qualification or previous experience in a hands-on technical role in maintenance or engineering environment
- Good problem solving skills with an analytical ability
- Enjoy working in engineering environment, our CFC is an automated site with conveyors, cranes, lifts that you will get to work on
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility - our CFC is a 24/7 operation, the role will require working weekends and evenings.
What will you get in return?
An opportunity to work in a unique environment that comes with its own interesting challenges and a structured career path where you will be able to develop your engineering skills and progress upwards to an engineer position in the future.
Please note, the roles we are looking to recruit for have staggered start dates.