Offer - Albert Bartlett Rooster Potatoes 2kg
4 days guaranteed (avg. 4.5)*
Our Rooster potatoes bakes, roast, mash & chip to perfection.
Albert Bartlett, a family run business for more than 60 years, and the UK's leading grower and supplier of potatoes. We work hard to deliver great tasting, high quality potatoes through our dedicated group of growers that stretches from Inverness to Cornwall. We work closely with our farmers and help them grow your potatoes to the highest standards possible. To meet the farmer who grew your potatoes, check the name on the front of pack and visit our website for their profile.
As the son of renowned chef Albert Roux, Michel Roux Jr was brought up loving good food. He's now one of Britain's most famous chefs, and it is an honour to have him as an ambassador. Owner of the world famous Le Gavroche Restaurant, Michel also hosts television cooking programmes and has written five popular cookbooks. In 2010 he opened two new London restaurants: 'Roux at Parliament Square' with Restaurant Associate, and 'Roux at The Landau' at the prestigious hotel, The Langham.
For more recipe visit albertbartlett.co.uk
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Home Grown® is a registered trade mark used under license by Albert Bartlett
Potatoes bruise easily so handle with care. Store in a fridge or remove from plastic bag and keep in a cool, dark place.
Oven cook - From Ambient. Perfect Roast Potatoes By our ambassador Michel Roux Jr Method 1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Put 100g of goose fat into a roasting tin and heat in the oven until it's really hot. 2. Peel 1/2 bag of Rooster Potatoes and cut each into evenly sized pieces. 3. Put the potatoes into large saucepan of cold water with a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Parboil for 5 minutes, then drain well and toss them back into the pan to roughen the edges. 4. Carefully place the potatoes in the hot oil covering them evenly with a few springs of fresh rosemary. 5. Roast in the oven for about 45-50 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Turn over half way through the cooking. 6. Remove from the tray, drain on kitchen paper and serve. Don't cover if keeping warm before serving.
Preparation and Usage
Cooking Instructions Delicious Boiled Potatoes 1. Peel and cut into even pieces. 2. Place in pan of cold water. 3. Bring to the boil and then gently simmer until tender (15-20 minutes). Tip: Try steaming instead of boiling - it keeps in all the flavour and nutrients. Amazing Mash 1. As above for boiled potatoes. 2. Put back into warm pan. Add a small amount of warm milk and butter for creamy mash and use a masher to mix together. Perfect Roast Potatoes 1. Preheat the oven to 220°C / Fan 200°C / Gas Mark 7. 2. Put 2-4 tablespoons of pure vegetable oil in a roasting tray and place in oven. 3. Peel and cut potatoes into evenly sized pieces, place in a pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. 4. Drain thoroughly, then holding the pan lid firmly, shake to roughen edges. 5. Remove tray from the oven and place the potatoes carefully in the hot oil, making sure all sides are covered. Season and place tray in middle shelf of oven. 6. Turn half way through cooking. Cook until golden brown and soft in the middle for approx 40 minutes. Do not allow to become too dark. Real Crispy Baked Potatoes 1. Preheat oven to 220°C / Fan 200°C / Gas Mark 7. 2. Rinse, dry and pick potatoes with a fork. Place directly onto the oven shelf and bake for 60-80 minutes. Tip: A metal skewer inserted lengthways into each potato will speed up cooking. Tip: For extra crunchy skins, rub some oil over the skin and add a dusting of crushed rock salt or cooking salt.
Perfect Roast Potatoes by our ambassador Michel Roux Jr
1. Preheat the oven 220ºC/425ºF/Gas Mark 7. Put 100g of goose fat into a roasting tin and heat in the oven until it's really hot.
2. Peel 1/2 bag of Rooster Potatoes and cut each into evenly sized pieces
3. Put the potatoes into a large saucepan of cold water with a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Parboil for 5 minutes, then drain well and toss them back into the pan to roughen the edges.
4. Carefully place the potatoes in the hot oil covering them evenly with a few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
5 Roast in the oven for about 45 - 50 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Turn over half way through the cooking.
6. Remove from the tray, drain on kitchen paper and serve.
Don't cover if keeping warm before serving.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
251 Stirling Road,
Packing - Recyclable
Potatoes bruise easily so handle with care. Store in the fridge or remove from plastic bag and keep in a cool, dark place.
To avoid danger of suffocation keep this wrapper away from babies and children.
Suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians
|Typical Values||peeled potatoes boiled in unsalted water Per 100g||peeled potatoes boiled in unsalted water Per 175g||%RI provided per 175g||RI|
|- of which saturates (g)||0||0||0||20|
|- of which sugars (g)||0.8||1.4||2||90|
|of which starch (g)||16.7||29.2|
|Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcals)|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 17-Dec-2014 at 01:32. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.