Allinson Easy bake Yeast 42g
over 3 weeks *
You can use easy bake yeast whenever a recipe calls for 'quick', 'fast action', 'instant' or 'easy blend' yeast.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Use each sachet within 48 hours once opened
Prepare & Use
Easy Bake Bread Recipe For Hand Baking
650g (1lb 7oz) Allinson Strong White Bread Flour, 10g (2 tsp) Salt, 5g (1 tsp) Sugar, 15g (½oz) Soft butter or 15ml (1tbsp) Vegetable oil, 7g sachet of Allinson Easy Bake Yeast, 400ml (14fl oz) Warm water (1 part boiling, 2 parts cold)
1. Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F/Gas Mark 8).
2. In a warm bowl mix flour, salt, sugar and stir in yeast. Rub in butter (or add vegetable oil).
3. Add warm water and mix to form a soft dough, then knead for 10 minutes on a warm floured surface.
4. If making loaves, divide evenly between two and greased 450g (1lb) tins. For rolls divide into 50-75g (2-3oz) balls and shape on warm baking sheets.
5. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes, or until dough has doubled in size.
6. Place in the centre of pre-heated oven at 230°C (450°F/Gas Mark 8). Bake for 30-35 minutes (15 minutes for rolls). Remove from oven and cool on a wire tray
Country of Origin
Carton - Paper - Widely Recycled
Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Easy Bake Yeast can be used wherever a recipe calls for 'quick', 'fast action', 'instant' or 'easy blend' yeast
Yeast, Emulsifier: E491, Flour Treatment Agent: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
Suitable for Vegetarians
Baked until dry, these Italian-style bread sticks are often served with antipasti.
These irresistible buns are at their best freshly baked and spread with butter. Like this recipe? You’ll find lots more like it at Waitrose.com
These are great to serve as a starter or alongside a main course. Try some different herby and spicy fillings too. I know my method for the bread sticks is the opposite to the traditional approach to making bread, but it cuts out 90% of the work since there's no need to knead!
Calzone is an Italian turnover made from pizza dough and stuffed with cheese, ham or vegetables. It's a bit like an Italian version of our pasties. Calzone is usually served with marinara sauce on the side so you can dunk the calzone into the sauce. It is usually deep fried but we are baking this version to make it healthier. Children can help make up the dough if you're making it by hand and fill the calzone.
A slice or two of this delicious energy-packed bread will help to keep you fully powered until lunchtime.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 29-Oct-2014 at 00:50. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.