Bart Fairtrade Organic Ground Cinnamon 35g
Committed to reducing our impact on the environment.
Bart continues to improve its energy efficiency.
In 2007 Bart signed the Green Capital Pledge which focuses on energy, waste and transport reductions making significant efficiency savings and reducing our impact on the environment.
Bart acknowledges the importance of integrating with and supporting its local community. As a result we have a number of projects in which we are involved. Last year Bart made over 30 donations to local charities from the proceeds of selling to staff at a discounted price.
For delicious new recipes visit bartspices.com
The Fairtrade Certification Mark is your independent guarantee that this product has been certified in accordance with international Fairtrade Standards.
SOIL ASSOCIATION ORGANIC.
Organically produced to Soil Association Standards.
GB Organic Certification 5.
Produce of more than one country.
Soil Association Organic (GB Organic Certification 5)
- Fairtrade Fortnight / Food Cupboard
- Organic / Food Cupboard / Herbs & Spices
- Food Cupboard / Cooking Ingredients / Spices / Cinnamon
Store in a dark, cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
Rub into a leg of lamb for winter flavours at any time of the year.
Country of Origin
Produce of more than one country.
Country of Packing
Bart Spices Ltd.,
This wonderfully simple cake is a Sri Lankan delicacy made with love at birthdays or special occasions. A legacy from the Portuguese rule in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka), this cake is a great combination of dried fruit, nuts and spices. This recipe was created by Great British Chef Alfred Prasad for the Peace One Day school educational packs.
These fluffy pancakes are perfect for a leisurely breakfast or tasty afternoon treat. The sweet strawberries and tangy blueberries mean the family will want these on more than just Pancake Day!
Another bestseller at the Hummingbird, this carrot cake is moist and full of flavour. You can vary how finely you chop the nuts for the sponge, and pecan nuts or walnuts can be substituted freely. For an extra-special touch, decorate the top with mini carrots – these can either be formed by hand using sugar paste or piped on using orange buttercream frosting.
Crumble is always a family favourite and to recreate it so that it is Pesach friendly is an added bonus. I have also made it nut free to help those intolerant of nuts - especially challenging at this time of year. Matzah meal makes a perfect topping and I have flavoured it with coconut; an ingredient readily available at Pesach time. I like to serve it with ice cream or cream. Crumbles became popular in Britain during the 2nd World War when rationing made pastry a challenge. Note: instead of white sugar, a mixture of brown sugar and vanilla sugar may be added to the pineapple. Light brown sugar can replace the white sugar in the crumble topping.
Pepperkaker, or "pepper cakes", get their name from the warming black pepper that was traditionally mixed in with the other spices. Many modern recipes leave it out, but I've included a smidgeon for old times' sake. You can cut these in stars, hearts, moons, Christmas trees - whatever takes your fancy - personally I have a soft spot for the classic round shape and traditional hearts. Do chill the dough overnight as it really helps to roll it out thinly, plus it gives the flavours time to develop. This dough freezes well, so you can bake half now and freeze the rest to bake another day.
View all recipes containing Bart Fairtrade Organic Ground Cinnamon
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.