- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
We've got the perfect gift for every kind of dad this Father's Day.Father's Day
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Beronia Tempranillo Rioja Especial 2010 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
I.W.S.C Silver Medal 2011, Best in Class - Vintage 2009
Price per 75cl: £11.99
"This is a choca-mocha Rioja with bags of raspberry fruit, soft, toasty oak and a distinctly chocolatey note." - Christine Austin, The Yorkshire Post, May 7th 2011
Rioja Especial 2010
Bodegas Beronia is situated in Ollauri, in the Rioja Alta. The winery is named after the "Berones", a group of people who inhabited the land in the third century BC, and it has been owned by the Gonzalez Byass group since 1982.
Beronia's classic range compromises of a Viura, Crianza, Reserva and Gran Reserva. In addition, there is a varietally labelled range, which includes a barrel- fermented Virua and a special production Tempranillo and Mazuelo.
The Tempranillo grapes are selected from specially selected parcels of vines grown in the calcareous clay soil of the Rioja Alta. As with all the Beronia vineyards, the use of chemicals is kept to a minimum.
This Tempranillo uses a special production method to give it a unique colour, structure and fruit. Specially selected Tempranillo grapes are macerated in vats to obtain an intense extraction of colour and tannins. After 36 hours the liquid is drained into a medium- high toasted American oak barrels where it undergoes both the alcoholic and the malolactic fermentation. Batonage is carried out at regular intervals. The wine is kept in barrels for 7 months until the perfect balance bewtween fruit and oak is achieved.
An innovative wine unique character due to the special elaboration process.
A rich fruity red with liquorice, toasted notes and mocha aromas. Silky smooth with a well balanced oak and a long, lingering finish.
Alc. 14% Vol.
- Off Licence / Red Wine / By Country / Spain
- Wine Cellar / Medal Winners / Silver / IWSC
- Drinks / Wine / Red Wine / Spain
- Off Licence / Red Wine / Rioja
- Drinks / Wine / Red Wine / By Type / Rioja
- Brands: Beronia
- Countries: Spain
- Regions: Rioja
- Grape Varieties: Tempranillo
- Price Ranges: £10 to £15
- Themes: Ideas
- Wine Cellar: Red, Medal Winners
Country of Origin
C/ Manuel M. Gonzalez 12,
Glass bottle recyclable.
- Contains: Sulphites
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.