Bovril Beef Extract 250g
A great, hearty drink, warming millions with its beefy taste since 1886.
Do you know your Bovril history?
In 1871, a Scot, John Lawson Johnston, won a 'canned beef' contract to feed Napoleon's troops with his invention "Johnston's Fluid Beef". This has evolved into the Bovril we know today.
In 1968, the year Bovril production moved from London to Burton on Trent, Burton Football Club was saved from relegation when Stevenage Town left the Southern League!
In 1994, enough Bovril drink was made to fill 90 million match day mugs. In the same year, Andy Cole became the highest ever Premiership scorer with 34 goals in a season for Manchester United.
Product formulations may vary and consumers should always check the actual product label.
- Brands: Bovril
Store in a cool, dark place.
Simply add 250ml of hot water to one good teaspoonful (12g) of Beef Bovril and stir. Enjoy as a warming drink or a hearty stock
Preparation and Usage
Simply add one good teaspoonful to a mug of hot water... and enjoy!
Return To Address
Please call us (UK) free on 0800 028 0174 (IE) Callsave 1850 708050. Mon-Fri 8am-6pm.
Country of Origin
Glass jar recyclable
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Contains Barley, Contains Celery, May Contain Eggs, May Contain Milk, May Contain Mustard, Contains Wheat
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Beef Stock (41%) [Water, Beef Bones, Beef], Yeast Extract (27%) [contains Barley], Water, Salt, Colour (E150c), Corn Starch, Flavour Enhancers [Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate], Acid (Lactic Acid), Flavourings (contain Celery, Barley, Wheat)
|Typical Values||per 100g||per portion**|
|of which Saturates||0.5g||<0.1g|
|of which Sugars||1.7g||<0.5g|
|**1 portion = 12g (one good teaspoon) (jar contains 20 portions)|
This dish is one of 32 finalists from our world recipe challenge, so tuck in! Love this recipe? Tell your friends. The dish viewed by the most people wins a Virgin Experience Day worth £200.
1 hr 5 mins
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 29-Jan-2015 at 02:03. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.