Canadian & Very Strong White Bread Flour Waitrose 1.5kg
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: 11.3p
Canadian red spring wheat flour produces a very strong dough with exceptional pliability and texture, due to its superior gluten and protein levels. These characteristics make it highly desirable for both bread and pasta making. Suitable for hand baking and bread machines, it results in bread with exceptional texture, flavour and keeping qualities.
- Brands: Waitrose
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
Simple White Loaf
Makes: one large loaf
You will need:
600g Very Strong Canadian White Bread Flour
7g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
400ml tepid water
1. Mix together the flour, yeast and salt.
Add the water and mix with a round bladed knife to make a soft dough.
2. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Pat the dough into a rectangular shape and drop into a greased 900g loaf tin. Cove with lightly greased cling film and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Towards the end of proving time, preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
4. Bake in the centre of the oven for 35 minutes until golden. Tip out and tap the underside with your knuckles. It should sound hollow. If not, return to the oven (out of the tin) for a little longer. Cool on a wire rack. Wrap and store for up to 2 days or freeze for a month.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Produced for Waitrose Ltd Bracknell Berkshire
Paper bag recyclable..
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat
Canadian wheat flour.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||1.7g|
|of which saturates||0.9g|
In France, this savoury bread is a traditional accompaniment to the cheese course.
1 hr 5 mins
Easy-to-make soft white rolls that are ideal for breakfast.
A fabulous savoury loaf to serve with salads or casual suppers.
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe uses a blend of white and wholemeal flour to make a lighter, moister loaf.
1 hr 15 mins
This bread is of Irish origin, where it is sometimes served for Hallowe’en with little charms in it, which are supposed to forecast your luck for the following year. For example, a ring means that you will be getting married.
1 hr 5 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.