Charlie Bigham's Chicken En Croute 460g
4 days guaranteed (avg. 6) (avg. 6)*
Price per kg: £14.11
Tender chicken breast with our handmade creamy ham hock and mushroom sauce, encased in light, flaky puff pastry. Stunning!
Ever since 1996 I've been making my delicious food with all the care that you would if you had the time. After all, what better way to spend an evening than chatting, laughing and sharing a wonderful meal?
Turn off the phone. Dim the lights and crack open a bottle. Steal back some time by letting Charlie prepare you a truly delicious meal. All you have to do is relax and enjoy each other's company.
Serve with a wink!
- Brands: Charlie Bigham's
Please keep flat.
Keep in a fridge that's below 5°C. It's at its very best when cooked from fresh.
If you do plan to freeze it, do it on the day you bought it and make sure you eat it within a month, defrosting it fully before cooking.
Prepare & Use
Delicious with steamed seasonal vegetables or a green salad.
Warning: Although we do our very best to take out all the bones, some may remain.
Make sure they're piping hot throughout. These instructions are just a guide; cookers are as quirky as the rest of us.
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
2. Remove the film and place the two en croutes with their greaseproof paper on a baking tray. For best results brush the pastry with milk or whisked egg*
3. Place in the centre of the oven and cook for 25 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
4. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Be careful, they'll be hot.
*Don't worry, they taste just as good without doing this. It just makes them look even better if you want to impress
Country of Origin
2 McNicol Drive,
Sleeve & Ramekins.
Carton sleeve recyclable.
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat, Lactose, Milk
- May Contain: Nut, Sesame
Fresh Chicken Breast (36%), Puff Pastry (34%), Creamy Ham Hock and Mushroom Sauce (30%).
Puff Pastry: Wheat Flour, Water, Sustainable Palm Oil, Butter, Rapeseed Oil, Salt.
Creamy Ham Hock and Mushroom Sauce: Fresh Milk, Fresh Mushroom (7%), Smoked Ham Hock (5%), Fresh Cream, White Wine, Butter, Sunflower Oil, Wheat Flour, White Wine Vinegar, Fresh Parsley, Salt, Garlic Puree, Chicken Stock, White Pepper.
Smoked Ham Hock: Pork, Water, Preservatives (Sodium Nitrite and Potassium Nitrate*), Salt.
Chicken Stock: Chicken Bones, Meat and Fat, Water, Salt.
*Don't worry this part of the traditional curing method of Ham Hock.
|Typical Values||per 100g||per 1/2 pack|
|of which sugars||1g||2.3g|
|of which saturates||2.4g||5.5g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.