Cinnamon & Raisin Bagels essential Waitrose 5 per pack
4 days guaranteed (avg. 4)*
Price each: 25p
The history of the bagel. Legend has it that in 1683, a Jewish master baker in Vienna baked a bread shaped like a riding stirrup ("beugel") as a gift of thanks to the King of Poland, who helped the Austrians defend themselves against a Turkish assault. Bagels appeared in Russia where they were said to bring good luck. In Poland, they were bought as gifts for women in childbirth and used as teething rings for babies. At the end of the 19th century. Jewish emigrants from Europe brought the bagel to the US and Canada. Many settled in New York which became the bagel "capital" of the world.
Store in a cool dry place, away from strong odours and direct sunlight. Suitable for freezing on day of purchase.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Waitrose Limited, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8YA, UK.
Bag - Plastic.
- Contains Barley, May Contain Sesame Seeds, Contains Wheat
Fortified Wheat Flour (Wheat Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin), Water, Raisins (7%), Yeast, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Emulsifier Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Citrus Fibre, Cinnamon Powder, Fermented Wheat Flour, Salt, Malted Barley Flour, Flour Treatment Agent Ascorbic Acid.
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||As Sold Per 100g||As Sold Per Bagel|
|of which saturates||0.3g||0.3g|
|of which sugars||9.6g||8.2g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.