- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save 65% on RRP.Special Buys
All your summer must-haves, from barbecue treats to gardening tools. Oh, and lots of offers too.Celebrate Summer
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Cooks' Ingredients Bicarbonate Of Soda Waitrose 180g
over 1 month *
Price per kg: £4.94
Cooks' Ingredients Bicarbonate of Soda
Bicarbonate of soda is a raising agent, which reacts with acidic foods such as lemon juice, buttermilk or cream of tartar to produce air bubbles that help a mixture to expand and rise. Often combined with baking powder to give an extra boost when baking, for example, gingerbread or parkin.
- Speciality / Vegetarian / Food Cupboard / Home Baking
- Food Cupboard / Flour & Sugar / Bicarbonate of Soda
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
Make a simple baking powder by combining 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda with 2 tsp cream of tartar
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Raising Agent Sodium Hydrogen Carbonate.
A traditional yeast-free bread. In baking, buttermilk produces a lighter texture than plain milk.
This popular Cantonese dish from Hong Kong is something of a one-off, as lemons are rarely used in Chinese cooking.
Eaten for breakfast or at teatime, toasted crumpets are great with both sweet and savoury toppings.
Great cakes for enjoying either at home or as part of a packed lunch.
This is another of those simple, quick, yeast-free breads that can be put together in next to no time. It’s not bread at all really, more a sort of savoury cake, and I absolutely love it. The plain version is delicious with bacon for breakfast, or as an accompaniment to hearty, beany stews or soups. However, if you add a few extra tasty ingredients (see suggestions below), it becomes almost a meal in itself and you don’t need much with it except maybe some scrambled eggs or salad.
View all recipes containing Cooks' Ingredients Bicarbonate Of Soda Waitrose
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.