- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer Sale.Summer Sale
Restock your wine rack with savings on red, white and rosé.Wine Sale
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lollies.Ice Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Cooks' Ingredients Cornflour Waitrose 250g
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: 27.6p
Ideal for thickening sauces, casseroles, stir fries or gravy.
Store in a cool dry place. For best before end date see base of carton.
Prepare & Use
Ideal for thickening sauces, casseroles, stir fries or gravy. For gravy, allow 15g of cornflour per 300ml of liquid, adding more or less for thicker or thinner results. Always add cold liquid to cornflour to make a smooth paste first before stirring into the liquid to avoid any lumps, and continue stirring until it comes to the boil. Try adding 1/2 tsp cornflour per egg white when making a pavlova as it helps produce a marshmallowy centre
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Sleeve recyclable Card..
If you are in a rush at lunchtime, and yet still fancy something hot, try this quick and easy recipe for a refreshing change.
Cook's Notes For a perfectly crisp tempura coating, the oil needs to be very hot and the batter light, so don't overwhisk the batter or crowd the wok.
Variation Use uncooked shelled prawns instead of the beef. Cook them in exactly the same way. Cook's Notes You can omit the sugar, if you like. It's not essential, and the dish will still taste great.
This is a great standby pud. Just keep a couple of packs of frozen mixed berries in the freezer and use a pot of yogurt from the fridge. Add Light at Heart - White to taste and a little cornflour to thicken the sauce and - hey presto - a yummy, scrummy (and healthy) dessert!
Make the most of seasonal mushrooms with this filling side dish.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.