Cooks' Ingredients Organic Black Peppercorns Waitrose 40g
over 1 month *
Price per 10g: 41.3p
Store in a cool dry place
Prepare & Use
For use in pepper mills to add seasoning to all savoury dishes. Lightly crush and stir into cream or mustard sauces for meats or press onto steak before frying.
Black peppercorn sauce
Soften 2 finely chopped shallots in 25g butter. Add 2 tbsp brandy and 250ml beef stock. Bring to the boil. Simmer for a few minutes until slightly reduced. Strain into a jug then return to the pan. Bring back to the boil. Blend together 2 tsp softened butter and 2 tsp flour and gradually whisk into the liquid. When it begins to thicken, stir in 1 tbsp lightly crushed Organic Black Peppercorns. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in 3 tbsp double cream and season with salt. Serve with steak.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Contents may settle. This product is packed by weight not volume
Organic black pepper corns.
Freshly cooked, these are tastier than shop-bought.
This easy-to-make dish is great as an appetiser or snack.
This classic, rich veal stew from Milan is flavoured with garlic and salty anchovies. Ask the butcher to cut the hind shanks into large chunks. Large flameproof casserole. Good with a saffron-flavoured risotto, or plain boiled rice. Leftovers can be made into a ragú to spoon over pasta. Simply shred the meat and add more stock if the sauce is too thick.
This classic Iberian dish, Besugo al Horno, combines fish and potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
Fresh herbs and grilled seafood make a delicious warm salad
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.