Cow & Gate First Milk Powder 900g
Nutritionally complete breastmilk substitute.
For the first few months of life, your baby will get all their nutrition from milk. Cow & Gate first infant milk from newborn, is a nutritionally complete, whey based, infant milk suitable from birth onwards. It can be used for combination feeding or if baby is not being breastfed. It contains our unique blend of oligosaccharides (GOS/FOS) similar to those found in nature, key vitamins and minerals, nucleotides, LCPs and antioxidants.
- Brands: Cow & Gate
Use powder within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool dry place - do not refrigerate.
Cannot be Microwaved
Prepare & Use
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breastfeeding is best for babies. First infant milk from newborn is intended to replace breastmilk when mothers do not breastfeed.
It is recommended that first infant milk from newborn be used only on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, diecitian or pharmacist.
When bottlefeeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your Health Professional or Dentist for advice.
Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night.
Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Feeding guide 0-12 months.
Approx. age of baby Birth. Approx weight of baby 3.5kg, 7.5lbs. Number of level scoops 3. Amount of water 90ml 3fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 6.
Approx. age of baby 2 weeks. Approx. weight of baby 4.0kg, 8.8lbs. Number of level scoops 4. Amount of water 120ml, 4 fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 6.
Approx. age of baby 2 months. Approx. weight of baby 5.0kg, 11.0lbs. Number of level scoops 6. Amount of water 180ml, 6fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 5.
Approx. age of baby 4 months. Approx. weight of baby 6.5kg, 14.5lbs. Number of level scoops 7. Amount of water 210ml, 7fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 5.
Approx. age of baby 6 months. Approx. weight of baby 7.5kg, 16.5lbs. Number of level scoops 8. Amount of water 240ml, 8fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 4.
Approx. age of baby 7-12 months. Approx. weight of baby -, -. Number of level scoops 7. Amount of water 210ml, 7fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 3.
Your baby may need more or less than the feeding guide above. This information is given as a guide only. Consult your healthcare professional if you require more advice. 1 scoop = 4.6g.
The UK Department of Health and the Food Safety Authority of Ireland recommend that cows' milk is not given as your baby's main milk drink until after 12 months as cows' milk contains very little iron or vitamins C and D.
How to prepare.
Failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
1 Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
2 Boil freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
3 Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Do not add powder to boiling water due to risk of scalding.
4 Always use the scoop provided. Level off the powder with the built-in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
5 Add one scoop to every 30ml (1 fl oz) of boiled cooled water. Add the correct number of scoops to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful.
6 Replace seal on bottle. Shake well (for 10 seconds) to dissolve powder. Remove seal, replace with a sterilised teat.
7 Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
For hygiene reasons, always discard unfinished feeds within 2 hours.
When travelling or out and about we recommend using pre-sterilised ready-made liquid milks. Cow & Gate first infant milk from newborn is available in 200ml and 500ml tetra packs.
If necessary offer cooled boiled water between feeds.
Infants should be supervised at all times when feeding.
After weaning, first infant milk from newborn can be used to replace cows' milk in drinks or cooked dishes.
Do not heat in a microwave. Hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Country of Origin
Produce of the EU.
Cow & Gate,
White Horse Business Park,
Cow & Gate Ireland,
Deansgrange Business Park,
Cow & Gate first infant milk from newborn is packaged in a protective atmosphere. Contents may settle in transit..
- Contains Fish, Contains Milk, Contains Soya\Soybeans
Demineralised Whey*, Vegetable Oils, Lactose*, Skimmed Milk*, Galacto-Oligosaccharides* (GOS), Whey Protein Concentrate*, Fructo-Oligosaccharides (FOS), Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Citrate, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Phosphate, Vitamin C, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Choline Chloride, Taurine, Iron Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Uridine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Cytidine 5'-Monophosphate, Vitamin E, Inositol, Adenosine 5'-Monophosphate, Inosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, Niacin, L-Tryptophan, Guanosine 5'-Monophosphate Sodium Salt, L-Carnitine, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Thiamin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K, Sodium Selenite, Contains: *Milk
|Typical Values||per 100ml prepared feed|
|of which sugars||7.3g|
|of which lactose||7.0g|
|of which LCPs||15mg|
|- Arachidonic acid (AA)||6.4mg|
|- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||6.4mg|
|Vitamin E||1.1mg ¿-TE|
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 21-Aug-2014 at 02:50. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.