Cow & Gate First Milk Powder 900g
Cow & Gate First Infant Milk from Newborn Powder 900g.
With Prebiotic Care.
Nutritionally complete infant milk.
If your baby is not being breastfed.
To complement breastfeeding.
"Why should I choose Cow & Gate?"
Cow & Gate milks are different to some other baby milks because they contain prebiotics, special nutrients that are similar to the ones found in breastmilk and some fruit and vegetables.
Breastmilk is special because it strengthens a baby's natural immune system, helping them to fight off bugs and infections. A strong immune system is one of the key ingredients for a happy and healthy baby!
"How can I make the right feeding choices for me and my baby?".
Because the needs or every mum and baby are different, it can be difficult deciding what feeding choices are right for your baby. That's why we're here to help, with a great team of midwives, dieticians and experienced mums.
So, if you're looking for answers to put your mind at rest or want to chat through your options, just give us a ring. We're available between 8am and 8pm (UK) or between 9am and 5pm [ROI], Monday to Friday. Or you can always contact us via our website.
Cow & Gate has milk for each stage of baby's development.
1 first infant milk from newborn.
2 infant milk for hungrier babies.
3 follow-on milk for babies 6mths+.
4 growing up milk for toddlers 1yr+.
Cow & Gate first infant milk from newborn is packaged in a protective atmosphere. Contents may settle in transit.
- Baby & Child / Baby Milk / First Milk (from Birth) Powder / Regular First Milk Powder
- Baby & Child / Newborn / Breast & Bottle Feeding / Newborn Milk / First Milk Powder
- Brands: Cow & Gate
Use powder within 4 weeks of opening and store in a cool dry place - do not refrigerate.
Cannot be Microwaved
Prepare & Use
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breastfeeding is best for babies. First infant milk from newborn is intended to replace breastmilk when mothers do not breastfeed.
It is recommended that first infant milk from newborn be used only on the advice of a doctor, midwife, health visitor, public health nurse, diecitian or pharmacist.
When bottlefeeding, do not allow prolonged or frequent contact of milk feeds with your baby's teeth as this increases the risk of tooth decay. Ask your Health Professional or Dentist for advice.
Make sure your baby's teeth are cleaned after the last feed at night.
Never leave your baby alone during feeding.
Feeding guide 0-12 months.
Approx. age of baby Birth. Approx weight of baby 3.5kg, 7.5lbs. Number of level scoops 3. Amount of water 90ml 3fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 6.
Approx. age of baby 2 weeks. Approx. weight of baby 4.0kg, 8.8lbs. Number of level scoops 4. Amount of water 120ml, 4 fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 6.
Approx. age of baby 2 months. Approx. weight of baby 5.0kg, 11.0lbs. Number of level scoops 6. Amount of water 180ml, 6fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 5.
Approx. age of baby 4 months. Approx. weight of baby 6.5kg, 14.5lbs. Number of level scoops 7. Amount of water 210ml, 7fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 5.
Approx. age of baby 6 months. Approx. weight of baby 7.5kg, 16.5lbs. Number of level scoops 8. Amount of water 240ml, 8fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 4.
Approx. age of baby 7-12 months. Approx. weight of baby -, -. Number of level scoops 7. Amount of water 210ml, 7fl. oz. Feeds in 24 hours 3.
Your baby may need more or less than the feeding guide above. This information is given as a guide only. Consult your healthcare professional if you require more advice. 1 scoop = 4.6g.
The UK Department of Health and the Food Safety Authority of Ireland recommend that cows' milk is not given as your baby's main milk drink until after 12 months as cows' milk contains very little iron or vitamins C and D.
How to prepare.
Failure to follow instructions may make your baby ill.
1 Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturers' instructions.
2 Boil freshly run water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
3 Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Do not add powder to boiling water due to risk of scalding.
4 Always use the scoop provided. Level off the powder with the built-in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
5 Add one scoop to every 30ml (1 fl oz) of boiled cooled water. Add the correct number of scoops to the water. Adding too many or too few scoops can be harmful.
6 Replace seal on bottle. Shake well (for 10 seconds) to dissolve powder. Remove seal, replace with a sterilised teat.
7 Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
For hygiene reasons, always discard unfinished feeds within 2 hours.
When travelling or out and about we recommend using pre-sterilised ready-made liquid milks. Cow & Gate first infant milk from newborn is available in 200ml and 500ml tetra packs.
If necessary offer cooled boiled water between feeds.
Infants should be supervised at all times when feeding.
After weaning, first infant milk from newborn can be used to replace cows' milk in drinks or cooked dishes.
Do not heat in a microwave. Hot spots may occur and cause scalding.
Country of Origin
Cow & Gate,
White Horse Business Park,
- Contains: Fish, Lactose, Soya, Milk
Demineralised Whey*, Vegetable Oils, Skimmed Milk*, Prebiotic Fibres (Galacto-Oligosaccharides*, Polyfructose), Lactose*, Fish Oil, Potassium Citrate, Calcium Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Chloride, Vitamin C, L-Arginine, Taurine, Emulsifier (Soya Lecithin), Iron Sulphate, Vitamin E, Zinc Sulphate, Cytidine 5'-Monophosphate, Adenosine 5'-Monophosphate, Uridine 5'-Monophosphate, Inosine 5'-Monophosphate, Niacin, Guanosine 5'-Monophosphate, Folic Acid, Copper Sulphate, Vitamin A, Pantothenic Acid, Biotin, Beta-Carotene, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Manganese Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Vitamin K, Sodium Selenite.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||7.1g|
|of which saturates||1.4g|
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 06-Mar-2014 at 03:44. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.