Crazy Jack Soft Ready To Eat Organic Apricots 250g
over 1 month *
Ready to eat.
Naturally high in fibre.
Naturally low in sodium.
A natural source of iron.
No added sulphites.
No artificial additives.
Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Delicious naturally dark apricots with a distinctive flavour.
Partially dehydrated soft apricots.
Our apricots are grown in the Euphrates valley, near Malatya in Turkey, on one of the first organic farming projects we got involved with, so we've got a real soft spot for them. Dried in the traditional way under the hot sun, without using any nasty sulphur dioxide as a preservative, they have a rich, intense flavour and a lovely naturally dark colour.
We started with a liking for sandals, tie-dyed T-Shirts and a belief that food should only be grown as nature intended. Convinced that there must be people who think the same way, we set out to find them. Some people called us crazy but that didn't stop us. Today, lots of people share our beliefs and we continue to work with passionate people all over the world to produce some of the best organic food there is.
We're not crazy - just unshakably committed.
Thank you for buying Crazy Jack Organic.
Here's why we love organic farming:
It helps reduce the use of nasty artificial fertilisers and pesticides.
It encourages Mother Nature's eco-system to flourish.
Soil Association Organic (GB Organic Certification 5)
Once opened refrigerate and use within 14 days.
Prepare & Use
Delicious as a snack, cereal topping or baking ingredient, they require no pre-soaking and can be added to meals for extra "can I have some more please"!
Try Crazy Jack's Apricot Crumble Squares
300g self raising whole wheat flour
100g Crazy Jack Porridge Oats
1/2 tsp Crazy Jack Cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
175g golden caster sugar
200g butter or soft margarine
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp milk
400g Crazy Jack Soft Apricots
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas mark 4 and grease and line a 22cm x 22cm tin.
2. Place flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl. Rub the butter into the mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs. Remove half the mixture and set aside. Add the egg and milk to the other half and spread in the tin.
3. Chop the apricots very finely (in a food processor is best) and add the orange zest. Spread over the base mixture and top with the crumble mixture.
4. Bake for 35 minutes until golden. Cool before cutting.
May contain the occasional pit.
Country of Packing
Community Foods Ltd,
- Free From Gluten, Free From Sulphites
Delicious Organic Apricots.
Suitable for Vegans
Suitable for Vegetarians
Free From Gluten
Free from Sulphites
Free From Additives
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||52g|
|of which saturates||0.02g|
This combination of dried fruit and corn flakes all held together with sweetened condensed milk is magic to the taste buds. Why not coat the base with melted white, milk or dark chocolate for extra indulgence!
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 23-Aug-2014 at 06:00. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.