- Smart Pass
Things taste better when they're in season. Tuck into this season's fruit and veg.Fruit & Veg
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save 1/3 on RRP.Special Buys
Dietary Specials Shortcrust Pastry 2 x 200g
Gluten free and wheat free all purpose shortcrust pastry, perfect for sweet or savoury baking.
Here at DS, we are specialists in creating delicious gluten free and wheat free foods to tempt your tastebuds. Whether you're looking to kickstart your day with some tasty toast, tuck into a roll at lunchtime or indulge in a convenient ready meal in the evening we have it covered with our wide choice of flavoursome foods.
- Speciality / Free From / Gluten Free / Frozen
- Food Cupboard / Home Baking Ingredients / Pastry, Bases & Meringues / Pastry Sheets / Frozen
- Frozen / Desserts, Fruit & Pastry / Pastry
- Speciality / Free From / Wheat Free / Frozen
Keep frozen (< -18°C).
Prepare & Use
1 x 200g pack of ready made pastry will make:
- 12 jam tarts.
- 7 mince pies or 8-9 mince pies with a star top.
- 6-8 sausage rolls depending on size using 200g of gluten free sausage meat.
- 18cm (7 inch) plated pie.
- 19-20cm (7 1/2 - 8 inch) flan dish.
- 4 x 9cm (3 1/2 inch) tartlet dishes.
Oven cook - From Chilled/Ambient
- Defrost pastry required thoroughly, preferably in a refrigerator.
- Remove all packaging and knead pastry on a surface dusted with gluten-free mix for approximately 2 minutes until it is soft and pliable. Kneading helps prevent surface cracking and gives a better result.
- Roll out pastry and prepare as required. Bake according to recipe using shortcrust pastry: for small tarts 200°C/ 180°C Fan/ Gas Mark 6, plated pies 190°C/ 170°C Fan/ Gas Mark 5.
If requiring pastry to be baked blind, line dish or flan ring with pastry, place greaseproof paper in the centre and put in baking beans. Bake for 10 minutes, 200°C/ 180°C Fan/ Gas Mark 6, remove greaseproof and beans and cook for a further 5 minutes. For a crispier pastry in a tart that is not requiring further baking, cook for 8-10 minutes after removing the greaseproof and beans.
Country of Origin
Produce of the EU.
Nutrition Point Ltd,
442 Stockport Road,
WA4 2GW, UK.
- Contains: Egg, Lactose, Milk
- Free from: Gluten, Wheat
Maize Starch, Margarine: [Palm oil, Rapeseed Oil, Water, Emulsifiers: (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Polyglycerol Esters of Fatty Acids, Ascorbyl Palmitate), Salt, Antioxidant: (Mixed Tocopherols), Acidity Regulator: (Citric Acid), Colour: (B-Carotene)], Lard, Rice Flour, Water, Pasteurised Whole Egg, glucose, Whey Powder, Potato Starch, Thickeners: (Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum), Raising Agents: (Disodium Diphosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Salt.
|Typical values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||5g|
|of which saturates||9.2g|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.