Dina Baklawa 250g
over 3 weeks *
Price per 100g: £1.16
Dina is a family owned company founded in 1992. It produces quality foods to traditional eastern Mediterranean recipes. Baklawa is one of these.
Considered by many as the world's most scrumptious pastry, these heavenly flavoured sweets were developed by the Assyrians around the 8th century BC. A variety of fruit and nuts enhances the flavour and, when coated with sugar syrup, smothered in clarified butter and encased within sheets of dough known as "filo", this combination results in a mouth-watering treat.
Adopted and adapted by the Greeks, Armenians, the Turks and even the Romans, filo pastries have graced the tables of some of history's most famous figures and were baked only on special occasions, usually for the rich who could afford such a luxury.
Baklawa: Whole nut pistachio sandwich between filo pastry.
Namoura: Baked semolina and coconut confection topped with an almond.
Kulwuskur: Filo pastry folded sandwich with minced cashew cut into half-moons.
Bourma: Whole nuts bound in crunchy, golden brown shredded wheat.
Assabee: Filo pastry stuffed with minced cashew nuts and soaked in syrup.
Boukage: Square layers of filo pastry filled with cashew nuts and soaked in syrup.
Chocolate Baklawa: Traditional baklawa covered with 1million Dark / Light Chocolate.
Walnut Baklawa: Filo pastry sandwich with walnut fillings.
Cashew Triangle: Filo pastry sandwich with cashew or almond nuts.
This assortment may vary due to seasonal availability.
Prepare & Use
The Baklawa range makes an excellent gift and is a great accompaniment to any hot or chilled drink. Serve these at your next dinner party and your guests will love you for it!
Country of Origin
Dina Foods Ltd,
24 Gorst Rd,
Contains Nut, Contains Gluten, Contains Wheat, Contains Lactose, Contains Soya, Contains Milk
Assabee: Filo Pastry, Cashew Nut (27%), Sugar Syrup, Ghee.
Boukage: Filo Pastry, Sugar Syrup, Ghee, Cashew Nut (12%).
Walnut Baklawa: Filo Pastry, Sugar Syrup, Walnut (20%), Ghee.
Cashew Baklawa: Filo Pastry, Sugar Syrup, Cashew Nut (20%), Ghee.
Baklawa Truffle: Baklawa Pastries (80%), Dark Chocolate (12%), Cashew Nut Ground (4%), Ghee Mix.
Filo Pastry contains Wheat Flour, Maize Starch, Water, Glucose, Palm Fat, Butter Fat.
Ghee contains Palm Fat, Butter Fat.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.