Duchy from Waitrose Brown Organic Self Raising Flour 1.5kg
Price per kg: £1.33
Organic Brown Self Raising British Flour
For cakes, biscuits and general baking.
Milled from selected British wheat by generations of the same family at Chelmer Mills since 1899.
At Waitrose and Duchy, we share a belief in the value of British organic food, grown and produced sustainably. It's a pleasure we can all enjoy.
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
Fruited Brown Scones
Makes 9-11 individual scones or
3 large round scones
500g Waitrose Duchy Organic Brown Self Raising Flour
110g Organic Butter
95g Organic Dried Sultanas
80g Organic Sugar
1 Organic Egg
250ml Organic Whole Milk
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Preheat the oven to 220C/430F/Gas Mark 7
Cream the butter and sugar together
Add the flour and baking powder and mix to get a crumbly mixture (until all fat lumps have been removed)
Add the milk and egg and mix into a soft uniform dough
Mix in the sultanas
Place dough on a dusted table, mould round and pin out to approximately 2 cm (3/4 inch) thick.
Cut out using a 7 cm pasty cutter for individual scones or divide into 3 and mould round for the large scones.
Gentle score a cross on the top of the scones.
Brush with egg or milk and leave to rest for 15 minutes
Place on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 until golden brown.
For variation try other dried fruit or desiccated coconut in place of sultanas.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Paper is recyclable.
- Contains Gluten, Contains Wheat
Organic Wheat Flour, Raising Agents Monocalcium Phosphate and Sodium Bicarbonate.
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||2g|
|of which saturates||0.5g|
This recipe is a corker – rich and velvety, and a tad lighter than a traditional, fudgy brownie. Warm from the oven, it makes a good pudding brownie to serve with vanilla ice cream.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.