Eat Natural Toasted Muesli & Buckwheat 500g
OK, the big question is... "What's buckwheat and what's it doing in my muesli?" Well, first things first. Let's start with a lesson in ancient history. Folks have been growing these lovely fragrantly flowered plants for absolutely yonks, for their very useful seeds. It seems it all started in South East Asia, sometime around 6000 BC...coincidently, about the same time as people invented the breakfast bowl.
Buckwheat has always been a bit special. Although it's not a cereal, its seeds can be used in exactly the same way as wheat or barley grains. The thing is...there's no gluten. And, not only is it jolly good for you, but it's really tasty too...especially, like ours, when it's roasted and combined with all sorts of other stuff in a delicious muesli.
So, enjoy a bowl of our new Toasted Muesli with buckwheat...it's been 8000 years in the making.
Down here at the Eat Natural Makery, when we say 'natural', what exactly do we mean?
Well, clearly it would be wrong of us to claim that everything in this muesli is '100% natural' - almond oil and crisped rice simply don't grow on trees. Obviously, everything needs to be cleaned, dried and roasted too, and therefore, to some extent, 'processed'.
It's just that we believe, the less we mess with it...the better it tastes, and why we will never, ever add any dodgy stuff. That means, no artificial flavours or colours and no preservatives.
So...what's in it for you?
As you might expect from Eat Natural, this toasted muesli is packed with loads of tasty, good wholesome stuff. Here's just a few of the wonderful bits and bobs you'll find in the box...and what they've got to offer.
Grown all around the world for centuries, buckwheat is not actually a cereal, though it can be used in much the same way as wheat or barley. The great thing is though, buckwheat is totally gluten free.
Our plump jumbo raisins are made by sun-drying the most delicious 'Flame' variety of red grapes, from Chile, renowned for their sweetness.
Our special toasted blend of delicious mixed seeds makes up nearly a third of this muesli recipe. We use nutty sunflower seeds, crunchy pumpkin seeds and golden linseeds.
Sweet, fragrant, spicy and instantly comforting in the morning.
Well, clearly it would be wrong of us to claim that everything in this muesli is '100% natural' - rapeseed oil and crisped rice simply don't grow on trees. Obviously, everything needs to be cleaned, dried and roasted too, and therefore, to some extent, 'processed'.
It's just that we believe, the less we mess with it... the better it tastes, and why we will never, ever add any dodgy stuff. That means, no artificial flavours or colours and no preservatives.
Store in a cool, dry place.
In our makery, we use nuts, peanuts, soya, sesame seeds and cow's milk. We can't be absolutely sure they won't find their way into this toasted muesli
Country of Origin
4, Fourth Avenue,
Box - Recyclable
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Free From Gluten, May Contain Milk, May Contain Nuts, May Contain Peanuts, May Contain Sesame, May Contain Soya
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Buckwheat 24%, Sunflower Seeds 21%, Sultanas 21%, Shredded Coconut 8%, Raisins 7%, Honey, Crisped Rice 4% (Rice, Sugar), Pumpkin Seeds 4%, Linseeds 4%, Rapeseed Oil, Sugar, Cinnamon 0.2%
Suitable for Coeliacs; Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g||per 50g serving||per 50g with 125ml semi-skimmed milk||reference intake (adult)|
|Energy||1768kJ 442kcal||884kJ 221kcal||1130kJ 280kcal||8400kJ 2000 kcal|
|of which saturates||5.7g||2.9g||4.2g||20g|
|of which sugars||24.4g||12.2g||17.8g||90g|
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 17-Dec-2014 at 01:41. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.