Free Range Whole Chicken Waitrose Typically: 1.98kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 4.5)*
Typical price £11.44
Price per kg: £5.79
Min. weight: 1.65kg
Max. weight: 2.3kg
Waitrose British Free Range Chicken without Giblets
Full flavoured, tender and tasty, these chickens have free access to open pasture for natural foraging and dust bathing.
Our free range chickens are reared exclusively for Waitrose on small, family farms in Northern Ireland. By day they are free to roam in open pastures and exhibit their natural behaviour. By night, they are protected in purpose built sheds and are fed a natural, cereal based diet
- Fresh / Meat & Poultry / Chicken / Free Range / Whole Birds
- Fresh / Meat & Poultry / Chicken / Whole Birds / Free Range
Keep refrigerated below 4°C. Once opened consume within 2 days. Cool any leftovers to room temperature, refrigerate within 2 hours and consume within 2 days. Suitable for freezing on day of purchase. Use within one month. Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted
Prepare & Use
Preparation: Wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after touching raw poultry.
Cooking times vary depending on weight. Cook for 45 mins / kg + 20 mins.
Preheat oven. Remove all packaging. Place in a roasting dish, brush with oil and place in an oven until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat. If the breast browns too quickly cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes before carving
Country of Origin
- Free from: Gluten
|Typical values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||Trace|
|of which saturates||4.2g|
A tasty family meal that everyone will enjoy. This Tzimmes chicken combines the traditional ingredients in one pot. The word 'tzimmes' means to make a fuss over someone or something. It is the sense of the word that gives this dish its name, a lot of things mixed together. The classic Tzimmes is an eastern European recipe for honey baked carrots. In Yiddish the word "meren" means carrots and to increase. On Rosh Hashonah (Jewish New Year) we often use carrots as they symbolize our hope that we increase our good deeds in the coming year. Another reason for eating them is that the sliced carrots look like golden coins – we wish that our pockets should never be empty in the year to come! Tzimmes recipes vary considerably but all of them are sweet and contain the vital ingredient of carrots.
If you have a jar of preserved lemons in the cupboard, chop up a lemon and add it to the sauce with a little more honey before reducing. It will give the dish a different dimension.
The dried apricots swell up and become melt-in-the-mouth pieces of fruit as they soak up the red wine and chicken juices.
2 hrs 10 mins
Lemon and thyme are traditional roasting ingredients and make a simple, yet delicious, glaze when added to the butter.
1 hr 15 mins
Roast chicken is always a crowd pleaser and this recipe has an Italian twist with Sacla' Classic Basil Pesto, fresh lemon thyme and plenty of Parmesan. Delizioso!
1 hr 40 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.