Frozen Baby Broad Beans essential Waitrose 750g
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: 20p
Sustainable farming methods
Protecting and enhancing the countryside for wildlife and biodiversity
Only using pesticides and fertilisers when absolutely necessary
Linking the environment and farming
For further information go to waitrose.com and www.leafmarque.com
- Brands: Waitrose
Hob - From Frozen. 3-4 minutes
Place baby broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water. Bring back to the boil and simmer. Drain before serving.; Microwave - From Frozen. For best results microwave from frozen
B 650W: 4 1/2 mins
D 750W: 4 mins
E 850W: 3 1/2 mins
Microwave ovens vary: refer to handbook.
Place 250gms baby broad beans and 30ml (2 tablespoons) of water in a microwaveable dish, cover with suitable film and pierce in several places. Stir and stand for 1 minute after heating before serving. Check the food is piping hot. If not, reheat for a further brief period.; Steam - From Frozen. 5-6 mins
To cook 1/3 of the pack. Bring approximately 850ml / 1 1/2pts of water to the boil in a pan suitable for steaming. Add 1/3 of the pack to the steamer and place over the boiling water. Cover with a lid and reduce the heat slightly. Steam until tender. Ensure the water does not boil dry.
Preparation and Usage
Enjoy a portion of vegetables as part of your Five fruit and vegetables a day
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Pack - Not Recyclable
|Typical Values||as sold per 80g serving||as sold per 100g|
|of which sugars||1.0g||1.2g|
|of which saturates||0.1g||0.1g|
|Folic acid||116µg (58% RDA*)||145µg (72% RDA*)|
|*RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance|
This dish works really well with the rice and lamb combined or leaving the rice as a separate side dish. It is great fun for feeding a big party of friends.
5 hrs 20 mins
A seasonal recipe from the Vegetarian Society, great for the summer months.
Try this fresh, summery salad for a wonderful light lunch or special weekend brunch.
Variation Use fresh or frozen peas instead of broad beans. Cheat... If time is limited, use a ready-made tomato sauce, and simmer gently before adding the beans.
Variation You could make this dish using good-quality pork sausages instead of chicken. Cheat... Frozen broad beans are a fantastic stand-in for fresh; always keep a bag on hand in the freezer.
1 hr 10 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.