G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge Champagne 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Number 3 Major Champagne House in the world.
A vineyard of 218 hectares rates at 98% in the Grand Crus scale and in the best villages: Aÿ, Bouzy, Ambonnnay, Verzy, Verzenay, Mailly, Avize and Cramant.
The Official Champagne of Formula 1
The champagne of the Explores (JB Charcot, The Cordon Rouge Club in London)
Exceptional ratings in the major international competitions (Cordon Rouge 92/100 in the Wine Spectator in 2012)
Georges Hermann Mumm gives the Champagne House his initials and decorates the bottle with the Cordon Rouge - a symbol of excellence, inspired by the Legion d'Honneur.
Alc. 12% Vol.
9 UK Units
- Brands: Mumm
- Wine Styles: Dry, Champagne
- Countries: Champagne
- Price Ranges: £20 plus
- Wine Cellar: Champagne
Preparation and Usage
Temperature: 8°C for the perfect taste, structure and aroma.
Put your bottle in the lowest and therefore coldest compartment of your refrigerator or in an ice bucket (never in the freezer) to chill at 2°C and it will be ready in two and a half hours.
The Champagne glass: The flute has gradually emerged as the queen of champagne drinking. Its slender body lends itself to visual inspection of the wine and the concentration of flavours.
Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Meunier
Clean and subtle on the nose. Rich fleshy fruits in the mouth with toasted nuts and subtle yeasty overtones. Fresh, elegant and balanced with a long, creamy finish.
G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge is a brut champagne that is ideal served as an aperitif. It also complements fish and white meat dishes, such as veal chops, and is a perfect accompaniment to a mixed salad or plate of fine charcuterie (Italian ham, smoked magret de canard)
Pernod Ricard UK
G.M. Mumm has always held itself to the motto of Georges Hermann Mumm: "Only the best". To assert the quality of its champagne, in 1876, an House agent, Welby Jourdane, had the ingenious idea of decorating the bottles with the famous red ribbon of the Legion of Honour. For some esteemed customers, a few bottles were decorated with a ribbon of genuine red silk, sealed with an oval label marked "a bottle of Cordon Rouge" instead of "a bottle of champagne". The Cordon Rouge cuvée has become a symbol of the firm's excellence and savoir faire throughout the world.
Blended from 77 crus, each Cordon Rouge cuvée embodies all the nobility and diversity of the Champagne region's vineyards. All the great Champagne terroirs are represented (Montagne de Reims, Marne and Ardre valleys, Côte des Blancs, Sézannais, Côte des Bars), and many of the wines used are Grands Crus or Premiers Crus. Pinot Noir, the grape variety traditionally used by G.H. Mumm, accounts for 45% the blend, endowing the wine with a structure that is enhanced with a Chardonnay blend (30%) that ensures both finnesse and elegance. The fruity, sharp and well-rounded notes of Pinot Meunier (25%) complete the blend. The style of every G.H. Mumm Cordon Rouge cuvée is a constant, subtle balance of freshness and intensity.
Each stage of the long, delicate production process affects the quality and perfection of the cuvée. Grape varieties and vintages are pressed and vinified separately so as to ensure a wide range of aromas and taste sensations that express the identity of each terroir. Wines from the same year are meticulously blended with a 25 to 30% addition of reverse wine that has been vat stored for to up four years, and which brings additional complexity and depth to the final blend. Finally, a residual sugar content of 8 g/l ensures that the cuvée exresses its personality and remains constant and true to the G.M. Mumm style.
Return To Address
PRUK Customer Services,
3 Lampton Road,
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
29 rue du Champ de Mars,
51053 Reims Cedex.
Free From Gluten, Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 18-Dec-2014 at 01:20. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.