Gail's Walnut Rye Sourdough 400g
3 days guaranteed (avg. 3)*
Price per 100g: 82.5p
GAIL's Walnut Rye Sourdough
There are nuts, and then there are walnuts. Rich, creamy and delicious, they're a luxurious complement to this earthy rye bread, which boasts a characterful cracked crust and a soft, almost pink, interior.
Beautiful to behold, exceptional to eat!
GAIL's believes in the art of honest breadmaking. We start with just four simple ingredients: flour, water, salt and yeast, and we never add artificial colours or flavours. Instead, we seek out the best ingredients from where they're best, whether it's hand-peeled Bramley apples from Britain, single source unsalted butter from France, or plump juicy olives from Mediterranean groves. All our loaves are made by hand too, so we never need to add the stabilisers and preservatives that are an unavoidable fact of industrialised bread.
Our selection of classic and globally-inspired artisanal breads includes a range of sourdoughs made from 15-year old wild yeast starters. Allowed to rise slowly and naturally, these loaves take 48 hours to make and possess a mature taste and character that a mechanically processed loaf couldn't hope to match.
Ideally, store in your Gail's paper bag. You can freeze the bread but never refrigerate.
Prepare & Use
A touch of sweetness will make the most of this loaf, so add a ripe fig or two to a mound of oozing gorgonzola dolce, or simply enjoy toasted with jam and a cup of frothy coffee.
Its subtle nutty flavour is excellent alongside game, or topped with a slice or two of black forest ham.
Country of Origin
Unit 12, Garrick Road Industrial Estate
London NW9 6AQ.
- Contains: Nut, Gluten, Wheat, Lactose, Milk
- May Contain: Sesame
Rye Flour, Water, Wheat Flour, Walnut (10%), Salt, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascrobic Acid), Milk.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.