Gail's White Sourdough 400g
3 days guaranteed (avg. 3) (avg. 3)*
Price per 100g: 72.3p
GAIL's White Sourdough
This is everything white bread is meant to be. Imagine a time before fluorescent white slices, plastic bags and low fat spreads as you enjoy a thick chunk with a good helping of butter.
GAIL's believes in the art of honest breadmaking. We start with just four simple ingredients: flour, water, salt and yeast, and we never add artificial colours or flavours. Instead, we seek out the best ingredients from where they're best, whether it's hand-peeled Bramley apples from Britain, single source unsalted butter from France, or plump juicy olives from Mediterranean groves. All our loaves are made by hand too, so we never need to add the stabilisers and preservatives that are an unavoidable fact of industrialised bread.
Our selection of classic and globally-inspired artisanal breads includes a range of sourdoughs made from 15-year old wild yeast starters. Allowed to rise slowly and naturally, these loaves take 48 hours to make and possess a mature taste and character that a mechanically processed loaf couldn't hope to match.
Ideally, store in your Gail's paper bag.
You can freeze the bread, but never refrigerate.
Prepare & Use
This definitive white loaf will go with just about anything. Toast it, serve it with soup or pâté, or simply wrap two slices around whatever takes your fancy.
12 Irving Way,
Paper bag recyclable.
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat, Lactose, Milk
- May Contain: Nut, Sesame
Wheat Flour, Sourdough (Wheat Flour, Water), Water, Salt, Malt Flour, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid), Milk.
May Contain Nuts.
May Contain Sesame Seeds.
Free From Artificial Preservatives.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||1g|
|of which starch||45g|
|of which saturates||0.1g|
|of which mono-unsaturates||0.1g|
|of which polyunsaturates||0.4g|
Grilled slices of courgette and aubergine in place of cucumber give a beautifully smoky flavour that's great for barbecues.
Variation You could use ham and Gruyère, or a similar soft melting cheese such as emmental. Or add wholegrain mustard or mayonnaise, if you like. Cook's Notes For a lighter version, toast the sandwiches using a dry sandwich press, and poach the eggs instead of frying them.
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
This is a great way to make Italian-style toasted sandwiches without the need for a special panini machine. The secret is to get the pan just hot enough, so that by the time the bread has toasted, the middle is melty and delicious. It it's too hot, the bread could burn before the middle is ready, so always keep the heat lower if you are not sure. Pack a punch with Sacla's Fiery Chilli Pesto, or try Sacla' Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto for something extra unctuous.
Served hot, this is a truly indulgent snack.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.