Garofalo Orecchiette Pasta 500g
Price per 100g: 42p
Italian Dry Pasta.
100% Durum Wheat Semolina.
From Gragnano near Naples in Italy.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
Garofalo has been making pasta for over 300 years in Gragnano near Naples in Italy, the home of pasta. Made from 100% robust desert durum wheat and shaped using a bronze die gives Garofalo pasta its premium taste and texture.
Orecchiette are typical of Puglia, a region of southern Italy. Their name comes from the shape, which looks like a small ear and in Italian orecchio means ear, and the suffix 'etto' means 'small'.
Orecchiette are about 1.75 cm across and slightly domed with thinner centres compared to the edge giving them a variable texture and a place to catch the sauce.
- Food Cupboard / Brand Shops / Garofalo Shop / Speciality
- Speciality / International / Italian / Pasta & Sauce / Dry Pasta
- Speciality / Kosher / Food cupboard
- Food Cupboard / Rice, Pasta, Noodles & Pulses / Pasta / Farfalle & Shells
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
Cooking time 13 minutes.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add salt if required. Keeping the water at a rolling boil add the amount of pasta needed. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent the pasta sticking together and to avoid damaging the pasta. Cook for the recommended time, drain and serve.
350g Garofalo Orecchiette,
500g Cherry Tomatoes,
Grated pecorino cheese,
1 Onion, chopped,
Extra virgin olive oil,
Put into a saucepan with a little oil the chopped onion, add tomatoes, washed and cut into quarters, a few leaves of basil, salt, and cook at high heat, turning often until the sauce is dry and properly thickened.
In abundant salted boiling water cook the GAROFALO Orecchiette and drained al dente.
While the pasta cooks, mix in a bowl the ricotta, a spoonful of the sauce and some of the pasta cooking water.
When the pasta is ready drain and pour into the bowl, mix gently, add plenty of chopped basil, a little bit of grated pecorino cheese, stir again and spread sauce on the rest of orecchiette.
Serve with more grated cheese separately.
Country of Origin
Pastificio Lucio Garofalo S.p.A.,
Via Dei Pastai, 42,
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat
Durum Wheat Semolina.
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical values||per 100g|
Ready in just 20 minutes, this simple pasta dish, with its tasty mustard sauce, makes a perfect midweek family supper
Pangrattato, the classic Italian breadcrumb mix, brings extra flavour to this quick midweek meal
A quick and light pasta dish.
Cook's Note The sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Before using, stir in a little olive oil to bring it back to life. Variation Add a few chopped anchovies, some torn mozzarella, or a handful of wild rocket leaves to the sauce.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.