Offer - Garofalo Organic Whole Wheat Fusilli Intergrali 500g
Buy any 2 for £2.60 - Buy any 2 for £2.60. Order by 11/3/2014, offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
Price per 100g: 41.8p
Italian Organic Whole Wheat Fusilli Dry Pasta.
100% Organic Whole Durum Wheat Semolina.
From Gragnano near Naples in Italy.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
Garofalo has been making pasta for over 300 years in Gragnano near Naples in Italy, the home of pasta. Garofalo whole wheat pasta is made from organic whole durum wheat semolina and shaped through a bronze die to produce quality dry pasta with a slightly nutty flavour. Whole wheat pasta is made using the whole grain and has high protein content, resulting in nutritious pasta with an al dente texture and superb taste.
Of all the Garofalo short cut pasta Fusilli are the most popular in the UK. The spiral shaped design of fusilli makes them perfect for holding chunky sauces, from rich meaty sauces to the simplest of tomato sauce. The fusilli shape is very versatile and works well in a fresh pasta salad. Fusilli originates in central south Italy with the word fusilli coming from the Italian fuso meaning spindle. They were originally created from the idea of rolling spaghetti around a knitting needle.
- Speciality / Kosher / Food cupboard
- Speciality / International / Italian / Pasta & Sauce / Dry Pasta
- Food Cupboard / Rice, Pasta, Noodles & Pulses / Pasta / Wholewheat Pasta
- Food Cupboard / Rice, Pasta, Noodles & Pulses / Pasta / Fusilli & Spirals
- Organic / Food Cupboard / Rice, Pasta & Noodles / Pasta
- Food Cupboard / Brand Shops / Garofalo Shop / Whole Wheat
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
Cooking time 11 minutes.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add salt if required. Keeping the water at a rolling boil add the amount of pasta needed. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent the pasta sticking together and to avoid damaging the pasta. Cook for the recommended time, drain and serve.
Recipe By Sara Danesin
Wholemeal fusilli with walnut, cream of sweet Sardinian pecorino and spicy salami Napoli.
This recipe combines beautifully the real punchy flavours of pecorino from Sardinia, a delicately flavoured sheep's cheese. Authentic Pecorino is made without any added ingredients such as cow's milk. The most famed Sardinian cheese is smoked, spicy and sharp and called Fiore Sardo, which is aged over a long period. The cream I used for this recipe has a mellower taste because is mixed with ricotta (which is not a cheese but a curd), and balances the very strong pecorino taste, making it very easy on the palate. The spicy salame di Napoli (pork-and-beef salami) is ground coarsely and seasoned with salt, garlic, and peperoncino flakes distinguishing itself from the milder salami of the north of Italy. The curing process lasts about four months and sometimes includes smoking. The addition of this particular salame is because of its spiciness, which adds an extra dimension to the dish and complements the wholemeal goodness of the fusilli.
I feel I must make a small note on the use of "peperoncino" in my food/recipes or in ingredients.
In southern Italy, the culture of chillies (peperoncino, capsicum annuum) is a virtue. (We even have an Academy of the chilli pepper!).
From Calabria to Campania and from Puglia to Sicilia, Peperoncino is not only spicy hot, but flavoursome and super-versatile. It can be used on countless dishes, before or whilst cooking or once ready.
The great health benefits of the peperoncino are renowned, from the aim to digestion to its powerful antioxidant properties and its richness in vitamin E.
Ingredients for 4 people:
300g Garofalo wholemeal fusilli,
100g crema dolce di pecorino (mix well 50 g finely grated pecorino from Sardinia and 50 g ricotta),
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil,
40 g walnuts beaten in a mortar,
1 clove of garlic,
½ bay leaf finely shredded,
40g of small cubed piquant salame Napoli,
30 ml of the boiling water when the pasta is drained,
A touch of dried peperoncino (chilli pepper flakes).
In a sauce pan place, the crushed garlic and the olive oil and gently sauté.
Add the diced (very small it's better) salame and warm gently.
Add the shredded bay leaf, mix well.
Place the walnuts and in a pestle and mortar and make a rough paste.
In the meantime boil a copious amount of water (at least one litre per 100 g of pasta), and when boiling add roughly speaking 2 tbsp. of rock salt, add the pasta and stir well .The right al dente time for fusilli is 11 minutes, so to enjoy fully the Garofalo flavour and "bite" stick to the advised cooking time! (remember to always keep half a glass of the boiling water to loosen up the sauce and add creaminess to the finished dish).
When cooked, drain the pasta, add the cream of cheese and 30 ml of the pasta water, stir well. Add the chilli pepper and a handful of chopped parsley.
Serve at once.
Country of Origin
Pastificio Lucio Garofalo S.p.A.,
Via Dei Pastai, 42,
Click here to download Whole Wheat Fusilli with Walnut, Sardinian Pecorino & Spicy Salami Napoli recipe.
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat
Whole Durum Wheat Semolina from Organic Farming.
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||3g|
|of which saturates||0.1g|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.