Offer - Garofalo Orzo Pasta 500g
Price per 100g: 37.8p
Italian Dry Pasta.
100% Durum Wheat Semolina.
From Gragnano near Naples in Italy.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
Garofalo has been making pasta for over 300 years in Gragnano near Naples in Italy, the home of pasta. Made from 100% robust desert durum wheat and shaped using a bronze die gives Garofalo pasta its premium taste and texture.
Orzo are made in the shape of a grain of rice. The word orzo is Italian for "barley," and a reference to the size and shape of the pasta. They are very versatile, and can be used in a range of recipes. The classic use is in soups and casseroles, but they are also excellent in salads or as pilaf.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
Cooking time 9 minutes.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add salt if required. Keeping the water at a rolling boil add the amount of pasta needed. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent the pasta sticking together and to avoid damaging the pasta. Cook for the recommended time, drain and serve.
Minestrone della Nonna
The struggle to get children to eat vegetables is frequently linked to how they are presented (frequently too big, too obvious, boiled to death, with no flavour etc). This dish provides a wide array of vegetables (all sorts of vitamins) coupled with flavour (not too intense though for the little ones), ease of eating (it is coarse soup if you like) and mixes very well with a child friendly Garofalo pasta like Risoni (providing all the nourishment that this brings).
100 gr parmigiano,
1 cup of Garofalo orzo (to cook separately),
1 cup frozen/fresh garden peas,
1 cup borlotti beans (fresh or frozen),
1 celery stick,
1 celery stick,
3 medium sized tomatoes,
¼ savoy cabbage,
1 broccoli floret,
Basil leaves (to add at the end),
All the above (except basil) diced and placed in a large pan with at least 1 litre of boiling water.
Season and cook for 1 hr minimum.
Blitz either all or half to a coarse puree' with a hand held blender.
Cook the pasta separately and once Al Dente place into the soup, stir and simmer for a couple of minutes and add finely chopped basil leaves and sprinkle some good quality extra virgin olive oil. Serve at once and enjoy. In summer (if hot!) the minestrone can be had at room temperature.
It is amazing how popular dish can be with children who would normally not get anywhere near such an array of vegetables.
Country of Origin
Pastificio Lucio Garofalo S.p.A.,
Via Dei Pastai, 42,
- Contains Gluten, Contains Wheat
|Durum Wheat Semolina.|
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g|
A simple and vibrant soup bursting with flavour.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.