Garofalo Pappardelle Pasta 500g
Italian Dry Pasta.
100% Durum Wheat Semolina.
From Gragnano near Naples in Italy.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
Garofalo has been making pasta for over 300 years in Gragnano near Naples in Italy, the home of pasta. Made from 100% robust desert durum wheat and shaped using a bronze die gives Garofalo pasta its premium taste and texture.
Pappardelle Nido are large flat ribbons of pasta curled up into nest (nido) shapes They originate in the centre-north of Italy and more precisely in Tuscany, where they are found in many traditional recipes. The name also originates from the Tuscan dialect, the verb "pappare" means to `gobble up'
By just serving Pappardelle you create a special effect; they work with all types of sauces but especially chunky rich game sauces were traditionally served with Pappardelle.
Store in a cool dry place.
Prepare & Use
Cooking time 8 minutes.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add salt if required. Keeping the water at a rolling boil add the amount of pasta needed. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent the pasta sticking together and to avoid damaging the pasta. Cook for the recommended time, drain and serve.
Pappardelle with Gorgonzola, porcini, radicchio and pine nuts.
Ingredients for 4 people:
300g of Garofalo pappardelle,
80-100g gorgonzola dolce,
40 ml milk,
30g pine nuts,
20ml of extra virgin olive oil,
1 clove of garlic,
1 banana shallot finely chopped,
15g Chioggia radicchio, finely shredded (Use red endive, if radicchio not available),
15g dried porcini (reconstitute in 70-80 ml hot water for 20 minutes).
Remember to keep the soaking water for thinning the sauce afterwards to intensify its flavour.
(When well rehydrated chop finely to a paste).
In a large sauce pan, place the EVO, the garlic and the finely chopped shallots and sauté slowly taking care not to burn the garlic. Dilute the shallots mix with some of the dashi (porcini soaking liquid) .Add the gorgonzola, and melt gently. Add the milk to keep the cheese creamy and loose.
In a separate dry pan toast the pine nuts, chop roughly and keep it aside.
In the meantime boil a copious amount of water (at least one litre per 100 g of pasta), and when boiling add the salt (roughly speaking 2 tbsp. of rock salt), add the pasta, stir well from time to time. The right al dente time for pappardelle is 8 minutes, so to enjoy fully the Garofalo flavour and "bite" stick to the advised cooking time!
Drain the pasta, (saving some of the water for the sauce) and pour the gorgonzola sauce in, mix well, adding 10 ml of boiling water, then the pine nuts and a handful of the radicchio finely shredded. The addition of the radicchio must be done for last to maintain its vibrant colour.
Adjust seasoning and serve at once.
Country of Origin
Pastificio Lucio Garofalo,
Via Dei Pastai,
42 80054 Gragnano (NA).
- Contains Gluten, Contains Wheat
Durum Wheat Semolina, Water
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Typical values per 100 g|
|Energy value||357 kcal|
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
The rich, meaty, slow-simmered sauce goes well with spaghetti or tagliatelle, or used in a lasagne.
2 hrs 15 mins
Cook's Note If you have the time once you have added the stock, let the sauce simmer over a very low heat for a further 20 minutes. The flavour will improve greatly. If it starts to look a little dry, add some more hot vegetable stock or water.
Cook's Note If you have the time, the lamb sauce will benefit from cooking for longer. Simmer with a lid on, over a very low heat, for an hour. Or transfer to a cast-iron pan and cook in an oven preheated to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6) for an hour or so.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.