Garofalo Ruote Pasta 500g
Price per 100g: 41.8p
Italian Dry Pasta.
100% Durum Wheat Semolina.
From Gragnano near Naples in Italy.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
Garofalo has been making pasta for over 300 years in Gragnano near Naples in Italy, the home of pasta. Made from 100% robust desert durum wheat and shaped using a bronze dye gives Garofalo pasta its premium taste and texture.
Ruote pasta is more commonly known as cartwheel pasta, since it comes in the shape of a ridged, six-spoke wagon wheel. Ruote literally means wheels in Italian. Ruote pasta makes a great aesthetic addition to soups or pasta salad. It is also great with chunky sauces or meat dishes since it will soak up lots of sauce in the "spokes" of the wagon wheels.
- Food Cupboard / Brand Shops / Garofalo Shop / Traditional
- Speciality / Kosher / Food cupboard
- Speciality / International / Italian / Pasta & Sauce / Dry Pasta
- Food Cupboard / Rice, Pasta, Noodles & Pulses / Pasta / Kids' Pasta Shapes
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
Cooking time 11 minutes.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add salt if required. Keeping the water at a rolling boil add the amount of pasta needed. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent the pasta sticking together and to avoid damaging the pasta. Cook for the recommended time, drain and serve.
By Sara Danesin
Ruote with bufala mozzarella rocket and cherry tomatoes.
As summer nears, this is the perfect combination for a quick, healthy and nutritious recipe also suitable as part of a family barbecue or picnic. It can also be a great snack for your lunch break.
Buffalo mozzarella is not only nutritious, but it is irreplaceable and very difficult to replicate. Many have tried from Australia, to Argentina, the US and others and most will admit to failure. It is now a DOP (a protected food under EU rules like Parmigiano, Parma ham and Cheddar cheese).
Its moisture is what makes this recipe so rich and inviting. It has 3 main ingredients and for that reason they must be top notch: don't use cheap supermarket brand mozzarella as you will be disappointed.
300g small cherry tomatoes (halved),
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped,
50g finely chopped rocket salad,
60g parmesan cheese (grated),
5 tbsps. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO),
Salt and black pepper,
1 tbsp. chilli oil,
200g Mozzarella di Bufala diced,
300g Ruote Garofalo.
In a frying pan, put the EVOO and the finely chopped garlic, warm through and then add the halved tomatoes. Cook gently for 3-4 minutes check seasoning and set aside to cool completely. When cool, add the grated parmesan and the chilli oil (or some chilli flakes), the diced buffalo mozzarella.
On a chopping board place the washed rocket and chop roughly and set aside.
In the meantime, boil a copious amount of water (at least one litre per each 100 g of pasta), and when boiling add 2 tbsp. of rock salt, add the pasta and stir well. The right al dente time for Garofalo Ruote is 11 minutes. To enjoy fully the Garofalo flavour and "bite", stick to the advised cooking time! (Remember to always keep half a glass of the boiling water to loosen up the sauce and add creaminess to the finished dish).
Country of Origin
Pastificio Lucio Garofalo S.p.A.,
Via Dei Pastai, 42,
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat
Durum Wheat Semolina.
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.