Offer - Garofalo Spaghetti 500g
Price per 100g: 37.8p
Italian Dry Pasta.
100% Durum Wheat Semolina.
From Gragnano near Naples in Italy.
Suitable for Vegetarians.
Garofalo has been making pasta for over 300 years in Gragnano near Naples in Italy, the home of pasta. Made from 100% robust desert durum wheat and shaped using a bronze dye gives Garofalo pasta its premium taste and texture.
Probably the most popular and most simple pasta shape in the world! Spaghetti originates in Naples, where Garofalo pasta is made. Spaghetti is the plural form of the Italian word spaghetto, meaning "thin string" or "twine. Traditionally, most spaghetti was 50 cm (20 in) long, but shorter lengths gained in popularity during the latter half of the 20th century and now spaghetti is most commonly available in 25-30 cm (10-12 in) lengths. The Garofalo traditional spaghetti is 20.5 inches long and wrapped in attractive paper for the full traditional look. Along with a classic bolognaise sauce, seafood is a popular combination with spaghetti.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
Cooking time 11 minutes.
Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add salt if required. Keeping the water at a rolling boil add the amount of pasta needed. Stir with a wooden spoon to prevent the pasta sticking together and to avoid damaging the pasta. Cook for the recommended time, drain and serve.
Recipe By Sara Danesin
Spaghetti alla siciliana with swordfish, Salmoriglio and Taggiasche olives.
Ingredients for 4 people:
400g Garofalo spaghetti,
250 g loin of swordfish finely diced,
30 g parsley,
30 g small capers (in brine, washed),
10 g bay leaves ,
50 g Taggiasche olives not pitted (available in any good Italian delis),
2 cloves of garlic,
½ tea spoon anchovy paste,
30 ml extra virgin olive oil,
Lemon juice to taste,
30 ml white whine.
In a small food processor blitz all herbs and capers to a fine paste. Add the lemon juice (2 teaspoons) and 20 ml of olive oil and set aside. In a large frying pan, place the olive oil and the anchovy paste and the garlic and gently warm through until the paste is completely dissolved.
Add the finely diced swordfish, the herbs salmoriglio and simmer. Add the white wine and cook until the smell of wine has dissipated and the fish is cooked ( be aware this fish should only take a maximum of 2 minutes !
At the end add the Taggiasche olives.
In the meantime boil a copious amount of water (at least one litre per 100 g of pasta), and when boiling add the salt, roughly speaking 2 TBS rock salt, add the pasta. Cook to al dente (for Spaghetti 11 minutes).
When cooked, drain the pasta, add to the sauce and stir well.
Add a splash of olive oil and serve at once.
Country of Origin
Pastificio Lucio Garofalo,
Via Dei Pastai,
42 80054 Gragnano (NA).
- Contains Gluten, Contains Wheat
Durum Wheat Semolina, Water
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||Typical values per 100 g|
|Energy Value||357 kcal|
Here's a simple and delicious twist on a classic dish - Philadelphia spaghetti carbonara.
This is a ridiculously simple dish using a tried and tested combination of flavours. There are so few ingredients that it is perfect for those times when you're counting the pennies. For more delicious SORTED recipes just visit www.sortedfood.com!
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.