Green & Black's Fairtrade Organic Cocoa 125g
Our organic cocoa is made with the finest organic cocoa beans, grown in the shade of rainforest trees. We buy our cocoa direct from the farmers, paying them a higher price than they would receive for conventional cocoa. The beans are harvested at the perfect point of ripeness, then carefully fermented and dried to maximise the smooth, complex flavours of this delicious cocoa.
Potassium Carbonate is commonly added to cocoa powder to balance out the acidity and bring out the rich chocolatey aromas. This is often referred to as "Dutching" and has been used by chocolate makers for over 180 years.
Fairtrade enables farmers and workers in developing countries to improve their working and living conditions and make a better living through fair prices, community development and environmental stewardship.
Green & Black's
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
To make one cup of cocoa:
Mix up one teaspoon of Green & Black's organic cocoa with cold milk to make a smooth paste. Add hot milk, stirring well. Sweeten to taste
Preparation and Usage
To make one cup of cocoa: Mix up one teaspoon of Green & Black's Organic Fairtrade Cocoa with cold milk to make a smooth paste. Add hot milk, stirring well. Sweeten to taste.
Country of Origin
Produce of the EU
Country of Packing
Green & Black's,
25 Berkeley Square,
Packing - Recyclable
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
May Contain Cereals Containing Gluten, May Contain Milk, May Contain Nuts, May Contain Soya
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Organic Cocoa Powder †, Acidity Regulator: Potassium Carbonate, † = Fairtrade ingredients total 97%
|Typical Values||Per 100g||GDA|
|Energy kJ||1430 kJ|
|kcal||345 kcal||2000 kcal|
|(of which sugars)||0.4g||90g|
|(of which saturates)||13.2g||20g|
|Equivalent as salt||0.03g||6g|
A tantalising twist on the classic, these delicious easy-to-cook fondants come with just a touch of Tabasco sauce to bring out all of those rich, chocolatey flavours!
A simple and imaginative way to reinvent the Christmas classic. You shouldn't be afraid to use cocoa when cooking savoury dishes, as after all it's just another spice. The sweetness of the cocoa helps extract all the flavour of the other herbs and spices and goes perfectly with the honey glazed breast of turkey. Surprise your loved ones this Christmas with a novel twist on the traditional turkey dinner.
2 hrs 40 mins
Healthier than your average chocolate cake, this rich and dark bake is lighter on the calorie count.
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe produces delightfully light cupcakes with an intense chocolate flavour.
1 hr 10 mins
My name is Paul A. Young and I am a cake-a-holic. I cannot imagine my life without the humble cake, whether it's for afternoon tea, a quick coffee break or a stolen hour gossiping with friends. Moist and sticky with crunchy cocoa nibs and an aromatic sweet-spiced syrup, these cakes are the perfect dessert served warm with real vanilla ice cream or cold with rooibos or Earl Grey tea.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 18-Dec-2014 at 02:24. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.