- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Green & Black's Fairtrade Organic Cocoa 125g
Green & Black's Organic Cocoa.
Our organic cocoa is made with the finest organic cocoa beans, grown in the shade of rainforest trees. We buy our cocoa direct from the farmers, paying them a higher price than they would receive for conventional cocoa. The beans are harvested at the perfect point of ripeness, then carefully fermented and dried to maximise the smooth, complex flavours of this delicious cocoa.
Potassium Carbonate is commonly added to cocoa powder to balance out the acidity and bring out the rich chocolatey aromas. This is often referred to as "Dutching" and has been used by chocolate makers for over 180 years.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
Prepare & Use
To make one cup of cocoa:
Mix up one teaspoon of Green & Black's organic cocoa with cold milk to make a smooth paste. Add hot milk, stirring well. Sweeten to taste
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Green & Black's Ltd.,
2 Valentine Place,
- May Contain Nut, May Contain Wheat, May Contain Lactose, May Contain Soya, May Contain Milk
Organic Cocoa Powder*, Acidity Regulator: Potassium Carbonate.
*Fairtrade ingredients total 97%.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||0.4g|
|of which saturates||13.2g|
A tantalising twist on the classic, these delicious easy-to-cook fondants come with just a touch of Tabasco sauce to bring out all of those rich, chocolatey flavours!
Children will enjoy decorating these with favourite toppings.
These frostings make enough for 12 cupcakes. To cover a cake (top and sides), double the recipes.
This very rich chocolate pudding has a velvety texture and is delicious served with tart summer berries.
Romkugler were invented by cunning Danish bakers who solved the problem of what to do with leftover pieces of cake by mixing the bits with jam, rum and cocoa powder to make a sweet paste, then rolling this into balls and coating in dessicated coconut to sell afresh the next day. My recipe uses oats instead of cake crumbs, but feel free to experiment! Whether made with cake or oats, Danes will often tell you that these dark chocolatey rum truffles are one of the treats they miss most from home. I can see why, as they are utterly delicious. They are a doddle to make, so keep these in the fridge to scoff whenever you feel the need for a little pick-me-up.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 29-Jul-2014 at 05:53. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.