- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Green & Black's Organic Cocoa 125g
Green & Black's Organic Cocoa.
Our organic cocoa is made with the finest organic cocoa beans, grown in the shade of rainforest trees. We buy our cocoa direct from the farmers, paying them a higher price than they would receive for conventional cocoa. The beans are harvested at the perfect point of ripeness, then carefully fermented and dried to maximise the smooth, complex flavours of this delicious cocoa.
Potassium Carbonate is commonly added to cocoa powder to balance out the acidity and bring out the rich chocolatey aromas. This is often referred to as "Dutching" and has been used by chocolate makers for over 180 years.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct light.
Prepare & Use
To make one cup of cocoa:
Mix up one teaspoon of Green & Black's organic cocoa with cold milk to make a smooth paste. Add hot milk, stirring well. Sweeten to taste
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Green & Black's Ltd.,
2 Valentine Place,
- May Contain: Nut, Wheat, Lactose, Soya, Milk
Organic Cocoa Powder*, Acidity Regulator: Potassium Carbonate.
*Fairtrade ingredients total 97%.
|Typical values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||0.4g|
|of which saturates||13.2g|
Children will enjoy decorating these with favourite toppings.
This recipe produces delightfully light cupcakes with an intense chocolate flavour.
1 hr 10 mins
My name is Paul A. Young and I am a cake-a-holic. I cannot imagine my life without the humble cake, whether it's for afternoon tea, a quick coffee break or a stolen hour gossiping with friends. Moist and sticky with crunchy cocoa nibs and an aromatic sweet-spiced syrup, these cakes are the perfect dessert served warm with real vanilla ice cream or cold with rooibos or Earl Grey tea.
This is chocolate pudding by another name, though somehow it sounds better in Italian. But frankly, language is irrelevant here: we're talking pure, all-encompassing bliss. When you eat it cooled, it is like chocolate satin cream and almost shocking in its pleasurable intensity. But I love it straight out of the pan, too, when it is like the best hot chocolate you've ever had, in spoonable form.
We use a devil’s food cake for our chocolate base. The cocoa powder gives the sponge a dark colour and chocolatey kick. The sponge should be light and moist, with all the ingredients well incorporated. But don’t overbeat the mixture, as the sponge will be too heavy.
View all recipes containing Green & Black's Organic Cocoa
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 23-May-2013 at 00:33. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.