- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Offer - Green Bay Harvest Raw 13+ Active Manuka Honey 227g
A delicious, raw and therapeutic high activity Manuka Honey.
Buy any 2, save 15% - Buy 2, save 15%. Order by 27/5/2013, offer subject to availability. Maximum 60 promotional items per customer.
Price per 100g: £6.76
A delicious, raw and therapeutic high activity Manuka Honey.
This Green Bay Harvest honey is a certified raw 13+ active Manuka Honey from New Zealand.
Unique therapeutic properties: Manuka Honey is unique to New Zealand and clinical research has proven its therapeutic properties, specifically its role as an anti-inflammatory and its antiseptic qualities. This Manuka Honey has been selected by a member of the Glass family from a beekeeper that they know and trust so you can be confident about its provenance, great taste and bio-active effectiveness. We keep the honey as raw as possible. We pour it into jars at hive temperature and minimize processing and filtering to retain the pollen and enzymes which naturally occur in raw honey.
Explaining the activity rating of Manuka Honey: Not all Manuka Honey has unique therapeutic properties. The activity rating (e.g. 13+) shows the unique type of antibacterial activity which is naturally present in honey made from the nectar of the Manuka bush (Leptospermum scoparium). The activity numbers for Manuka Honey can be confusing. The golden numbers for anti-bacterial effectiveness are between 10+ and 15+. A rating below 10+ has no proven unique therapeutic benefit whilst extremely high activity levels may have been over-processed.
Certified Active Manuka Honey is famed for:
- Digestion: effective against the helicobacter pylori bacteria which cause gastric ulcers.
- Fighting Infection: known to combat over 60 bacteria and fungi, its antibacterial action is highly stable.
- Nutrition: containing iron, zinc and B vitamins, active Manuka Honey has restorative powers that make it a desirable food for those under the weather or recuperating from illness.
- Mouth and Throat Care: the antiseptic properties help kill bacteria which cause sore throats whilst the honey soothes the throat without numbing it.
- Coughs and Colds a traditional remedy for coughs and colds for centuries, particularly when combined with lemon. The antibacterial properties in Manuka Honey help fight some but not all causes of throat infections whilst honey helps suppress coughing and aids a good nights sleep.
It’s important to confirm that the activity rating is certified using a standardized test performed by a reputable laboratory. You can look up details of the test certifying the the activity of your jar of Green Bay Harvest Manuka Honey by entering the batch code at our web site greenbayharvest.co.uk
A note from Jo:
"Manuka Honey was one of the first products we brought to the UK. It is a perfect example of a raw, natural food with extraordinary therapeutic benefits backed up by clinical research. Honey is a versatile food and appeals to most people so it’s easy to incorporate into the diet of the whole family.
As a family business, with offices in Christchurch, New Zealand and Cambridge, UK we know the honey’s provenance from hive to your home and we aim to bring the best of the harvest to you in its most beneficial (i.e. raw) state.
I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I do."
Green Bay Founder & Editor of the ‘Real Food for Better Being’ newsletter.
- Health & Wellbeing / Cold, Cough & Flu / Cold & Flu Pain Relief
- Health & Wellbeing / Sleep & Calming / Honeysuckers
- Health & Wellbeing / Medicines / Stomach & Digestive Remedies / Digestive Care
- Health & Wellbeing / Vitamins & Supplements / Supplements / Manuka Honey
- Food Cupboard / Jams, Honeys & Spreads / Honey / Manuka Honey
- Brands: Green Bay Harvest
- Options: On Offer
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Gluten Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian, Yeast Free, Wheat Free
Do not refrigerate our honey.
Store in a cool, dark place.
Prepare & Use
It is recommended that children should take a teaspoonful of honey on a piece of bread twice a day. Adult intake is dependent on health reasons for taking honey.
For general consumption, we recommend a teaspoon a day.
No foods or fluids should be taken up to half an hour before to half an hour afterwards, so that the honey is not diluted.
Our honey naturally crystallizes because it is minimally processed.
Some honeys will crystallize faster than others. To return a honey to its liquid form, gently heat it by placing it in a double bowl with hot water beneath.
Please be cautious not to overheat
Country of Origin
Green Bay Harvest,
1 Station Road,
CB 22 6SA,
Glass jar recyclable.
Not suitable for children less than 1 year old.
- Free from: Nut, Gluten, Wheat, Egg, Milk, Yeast
Pure Manuka Honey (100%).
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.