Green Bay Organic Green Barley Leaf Powder 125g
Price per 100g: £10.79
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Convenient all-round nutritional supplement.
Our Green Barley Leaf is a 100% organic wholesome green food made from the powdered leaves of young Barley Grass plants. A 100% natural and pure organic supplement, it provides concentrated, revitalising nutrients in an absorbable form to bring the body into balance.
Popular with athletes as well as the gladiators in ancient Rome, who have high nutrient requirements to support physical performance, Green Bay Harvest believes that everybody can benefit from adding this natural superfood into your daily diet.
Green Barley Leaf contains 18 amino acids as well as beta-carotenes, folic acid, pantothenic acid, vitamin B1, B2, B6 and vitamin C. It also contains minerals including potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorus, manganese and zinc.
Great reasons to eat Green Bay Green Barley Leaf include...
Detoxification: Chlorophyll, the green pigment found in Green Barley Leaf, is a powerful cleansing agent which helps remove toxins from the liver.
Anti-oxidant power: Green Barley Leaf contains Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) (a super anti-oxidant) which is beneficial for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), and other colonic inflammations such as colitis. It also binds with heavy metals which have entered the system and helps flush them out.
Immunity Boost: Green Barley Leaf is one of the best available sources of beta-carotene, which is of particular benefit to our immunity.
Gluten Free: Because there is no gluten in barley leaf it is also suitable for people who are gluten-intolerant.
Optimise PH Balance: When the body becomes too acidic, wastes become trapped within the cell and cannot be processed efficiently. Chlorophyll has excellent alkalising qualities, enabling Green Barley Leaf to play a hugely beneficial role in retrieving balance in the body. Good energy levels, improved digestion and healthier skin are all associated with the correct blood pH.
Along with Manuka Honey, Green Barley Leaf was one of the first foods we thought of when we started Green Bay Harvest. It is a perfect example of our search for real foods that promote better wellbeing. The young barley plant is packed with amazing nutritional benefits and its versatility makes it easy to add into a modern diet and a busy lifestyle. Swift and minimal processing is vital to retain the nutritional benefits. We simply harvest the young grass and immediately flash dry it near the fields in Canterbury, New Zealand. It's then ready to pack and eat.
New Zealand is famous for its geographic isolation and the quality of its agriculture. Its unique location makes it ideal for organic farming and the mild climate and rich soil produce crops that are naturally rich in nutrients. The young barley plant is particularly adept at transforming the micro-nutrients found in good quality soil into a pure food that is digestible by humans.
A member of our family, Lawrence, co-invented the special air drying process to dry the young barley leaves and was the first person in New Zealand to create the powdered product. We have chosen to work solely with family friend Tim Chamberlain, himself a fourth generation farmer and one of New Zealand’s most respected organic pioneers for over 20 years. Like us, he is committed to a healthy life for himself and his family alongside a sustainable future for farming.
Tim mixes his Green Barley Leaf into muesli. At our home we add it to apple juice and smoothies or use as a garnish on pasta, rice salads. I especially like it as a drink with live yoghurt and a dash of lemon juice.
Green Bay Harvest Founder
Editor of the ‘Real Food for Better Being’ newsletter
100% Certified Organic Superfood.
SOIL ASSOCIATION ORGANIC.
Servings: Contains 40+ servings of 1 teaspoon.
Certified Organic by BioGro NZ Ltd.
Printed with vegetable inks.
We ship by sea not by air.
Please recycle drum parts separately.
Soil Association Organic (GB Organic Certification 5)
- Brands: Green Bay
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Yeast Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Nut Free, Organic, Vegetarian
Replace lid after use and store in a cool, dark place.
Prepare & Use
Combines well with a probiotic and a squeeze of lemon or fresh juice
Start with 1 teaspoon added to food or drink and gradually increase to 1 tablespoon per day over a six-week period.
If you experience headaches, unwanted changes in bowel movements or other detoxification symptoms, stop or reduce your dose and continue to drink lots of fresh water before recommencing usage.
While dosage varies according to individual need, this product is usually best taken regularly – at least 4 days a week – over a 3-6 month period for optimum benefit.
Green Barley leaf should not be heated above 40°C.
Consult your practitioner before using it if pregnant.
Free from Yeast
Suitable for Nut allergy sufferers
Country of Origin
Green Bay Harvest,
1 Station Road,
Please recycle drum parts separately.
- Free from: Nut, Gluten, Wheat, Egg, Milk, Yeast
100% Certified Organic Green Barley Leaf Powder.
Grown in Canterbury, New Zealand.
Suitable for Vegans
Suitable for Vegetarians
Free From Gluten
Free From Wheat
Free From Eggs
Free From Milk
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.