Green Bay Organic Green Wheat Leaf Powder 125g
Convenient all-round nutritional supplement. Great for dieting & detox.
Price per 100g: £10.79
A convenient all-round natural nutritional supplement.
Our Green Wheat Leaf is a 100% organic wholesome green food made from the powdered leaves of young Wheat Grass plants. A natural and pure supplement, it provides concentrated, revitalising nutrients in an absorbable form to bring the body into balance.
Green Wheat Leaf has a pleasant, slightly grassy taste and a vibrant green colour due to its high levels of Chlorophyll which has excellent alkalising properties.
Green Wheat has been used as a nutritional supplement for the last 50 years for enhanced health and vitality by natural health enthusiasts because it contains 18 amino acids as well as beta-carotenes, calcium, folic acid, pantothenic acid, vitamin K, B6 and vitamin C. It also contains minerals including potassium, magnesium, iron, copper, phosphorous, manganese and zinc.
Great Reasons to include Green Bay Green Wheat Leaf in your daily diet include......
- Detoxification: Chlorophyll, the green pigment found in Green Wheat Leaf, is a powerful cleansing agent which helps remove toxins from the liver.
- Anti-oxidant power: Green Wheat Leaf contains Superoxide Dismutase (SOD) (a super anti-oxidant). It binds with heavy metals which have entered the system and helps flush them out.
- Immunity Boost: Green Wheat Leaf is one of the best available sources of beta-carotene, which is of particular benefit to our immunity system.
- High in Fibre: to maintain gut health.
- Gluten Free: Because there is no gluten in Wheat Leaf it is also suitable for people who are gluten-intolerant.
- Optimise PH Balance: When the body becomes too acidic, wastes become trapped within the cell and cannot be processed efficiently. Chlorophyll has excellent alkalising qualities, enabling Green Wheat Leaf to play a hugely beneficial role in establishing balanced pH in the body. Good energy levels, improved digestion and healthier skin are all associated with the correct blood pH.
Green Wheat Leaf has been a long time favourite source of plant super nutrition. It is a perfect example of our search for real foods that promote better well-being and its versatility makes it easy to add into a modern diet and a busy lifestyle.
New Zealand is famous for its geographic isolation and the quality of its agriculture. Its unique location makes it ideal for organic farming and the mild climate and mineral rich soil produces crops that are naturally rich in nutrients. The young wheat plant is adept at transforming the micro-nutrients found in good quality soil into a pure food that is digestible by humans. Swift and minimal processing of the leaf is vital to retain the nutritional benefits. We simply harvest the young grass and immediately flash dry it near the fields in Canterbury, New Zealand. It's then ready to pack and eat.
We have chosen to work solely with family friend Tim Chamberlain himself a fourth generation farmer and one of New Zealand's most respected organic pioneers for over 20 years. Like us, he is committed to a healthy life for himself and his family alongside a sustainable future for farming.
Whilst a fresh wheat grass shot for some people can be a very intense body experience, dried Wheat Leaf has a more gentle impact on the digestive system. When mixed with different foods as part of a normal diet the opportunity for the body to absorb the excellent range of available nutrients from dried Wheat Leaf is maximised, possibly with greater effect than a vitamin pill.
At home, we like to add Green Wheat Leaf to soups, salad and rice dishes. I also use it as part of a detoxification programme with a dash of lemon juice and ginger root.
Green Bay Harvest Founder.
Editor of the `Real Food for Better Being' newsletter.
- Brands: Green Bay Harvest
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Gluten Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Nut Free, Organic, Vegetarian, Yeast Free
Replace lid after use and store in a cool, dark place.
Prepare & Use
Combines well with a probiotic and a squeeze of lemon or fresh juice.
Start with 1 teaspoon added to food or drink and gradually increase to 1 tablespoon per day over a six-week period. We recommend foods that are naturally green or brown as a general rule. May be sprinkled as you would parsley, just before serving.
If you experience headaches, unwanted changes in bowel movements or other detoxification symptoms, stop or reduce your dose and continue to drink lots of fresh water before recommencing usage.
While dosage varies according to individual need, this product is usually best taken regularly - at least 4 days a week - over a 3-6 month period for optimum benefit.
Green Wheat Leaf should not be heated above 40°C.
Consult your practitioner before using it if pregnant
Country of Origin
Green Bay Harvest Ltd.,
38 Glisson Road,
Please recycle drum parts separately.
Not suitable for children under 1 year old.
- Contains: Wheat
- Free from: Nut, Gluten, Egg, Milk, Yeast
100% Certified Organic Green Wheat Leaf Powder, Grown in Canterbury, New Zealand
|Typical Values||per 100g||per 3g|
|of which sugars||3.1g||<0.1g|
|of which saturates||0.3g||<0.1g|
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.