Offer - Helen Browning Organic Hot Dogs 250g
over 1 week *
Price per kg: £13.48
Animal Welfare Gold Award winner
Quick cook, lightly smoked sausages, perfect for the BBQ
Organic farmer, Helen Browning, has re-invented the hot dog. This hot dog is made with organic free- range pigs and is a product with texture, flavour, bite and character. It is moist and meaty, slightly smoked and completely different from any other hot dog on the market.
These sausages are very versatile, they are happily griddled, barbequed, fried or heated in very hot water. Because they go through a steam bath to ensure a long and safe life you only need to heat them for 5 minutes. They are perfect for the barbeque but equally work well as a main meal with mash and veg. They are ideal for home freezing and make a great stand-by for ravenous children and unexpected guests.
A word from Helen
I love my pigs! I've farmed them since 1986 here at Eastbrook in Wiltshire, where I keep 200 rare breed Saddleback sows. We work with five or six other English organic pig farmers, and they share my philosophy - give livestock freedom, in almost every sense, and they deliver great tasting food.
You might try our dry cured bacon - look out for our orange pig on the pack. and you can visit the farm - we will try to look after you royally - or come to our village pub, The Royal Oak, in the middle of the farm.
Organic British Pork
Helen Brownings Organic wins two Gold Awards at This Years Soil Association Organic Food Awards
Wiltshire-based meat producer Helen Brownings Organic has won two Gold Awards in this years Soil Association Organic Food Awards. The company's organic Hot Dogs and Sirloin Beef were announced as the best of the best in the meat category at the awards ceremony held in London last week (19th September). Now in their 27th year, the Organic Food Awards recognize and celebrate the highest quality organic food and drink.
Television presenter and President of the Soil Association, Monty Don, said: The Organic Food Awards celebrate not only great tasting food and drink but also the inspiring stories behind it. This is food that has been produced to the highest welfare and environmental standards by people who care passionately about what they do.
Helen Brownings Organic Hot Dogs, available online, are 97% pork, gluten-free and produced from pigs that range freely on Helen's and several other family farms. These frankfurter style sausages are in a class of their own, says regular customer, Elliott Neep.Forget everything you ever thought you knew about hot dogs these are bursting with flavour. The Hot Dogs cook in a mere four minutes and are just as at home in a warming casserole as they are as a quick fix supper with beans. They are more in tune with the artisan European hot dog rather than the British mass produced product that has evolved.
Also receiving a gong at last nights award ceremony was the sirloin beef served in Helen's Michelin-recommended pub The Royal Oak. This tender and flavorful cut of meat, which comes from the well-marbled middle back of the animal, is produced from Helen's own Aberdeen Angus cattle that graze on the Wiltshire Downs just up the hill from the pub. It is hung for 28 days on the bone to enhance the flavour.
The gold awards follow close on the heels of a highly valued endorsement from The Good Food Guide (2013). This month The Royal Oak appeared for the fifth year running in this prestigious guidebook to the best restaurants in the UK.
Keep refrigerated below 5°C. Once opened use within 24 hours. If freezing, freeze on a day of purchase and consume within one month, defrosting thoroughly. Do not refreeze after thawing.
Ideal for home freezing
Suitable for Home Freezing
Prepare & Use
Grill - From Chilled
Cook using a pre-heated medium grill for 5 minutes (or with 10ml of oil if frying), turning once, until piping hot. From frozen allow 12 minutes on low heat.
- Free From Gluten, Free From Wheat
British Organic Pork 97%, Sea Salt, Organic Spices ( White Pepper, Nutmeg, Black Pepper, Caraway), Organic Dextrose, Stabiliser: Sodium Citrate, Preservative: Sodium Nitrite, Filled into Natural Casings
Free From Gluten
|Typical Values||per 100g|
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.