- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save 65% on RRP.Special Buys
All your summer must-haves, from barbecue treats to gardening tools. Oh, and lots of offers too.Celebrate Summer
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Isabel's Gluten Free Pizza Base Mix 300g
over 1 month *
Price per 100g: £1.00
Naturally gluten and wheat free
No artificial preservatives, flavours or colours
No hydrogenated fats
No added sugar
Suitable for vegetarians
Low in salt
Pizza base mix.
NATURAL, DELICIOUS, CONVENIENT...
It's all about the taste and texture - Isabel's developed this authentic tasting pizza base mix with the help of Salvo's, one of the UK's top 5 pizzerias. The challenge was to create a gluten & wheat free pizza base "Just like mama used to make". By using only natural Brazilian allergy free flavours and the experience of both Isabel & Salvo's. Delicious, gluten & wheat free, thin crust Italian style pizza base was made that is chewy, crispy & tastes like pizza should do.
"We've spent over a year developing a base that tastes like pizza should, we tried the mixes and frozen bases already on the market, but none came up to scratch. The solution turned out to be Isabel's bread know-how. Now we are able to offer gluten pizzas which we are really proud of and tastes like pizza should." Salvo's Italian restaurant - Voted UK's Best Neighbourhood Italian Restaurant by Gordon Ramsay.
"Just like real pizza, I would never be able to tell the difference. The base produces an amazing light but crunchy base. With a little experimenting you can also make bread rolls and lots of other goodies. This is a must buy!! I would also recommend the cheese balls, they are very yummy and so fluffy." L. Fletcher, London.
Isabel's mixes are both fantastic - the Pizza Base Mix and the Cheese Balls. I use them all the time. They have just the right balance between crunchy and chewy which is so hard to replicate with gluten-free food. I serve pizzas made with the Pizza Base mix to non-GF friends and even they comment on how much better it is than regular wheat bases. Buy it - you won't be disappointed!" J. Benson, North Yorkshire.
300g pack makes 4 delicious thin crust Italian pizza bases.
- Food Cupboard / Cooking Sauces, Packets & Kits / Meal Kits / Pizza Bases
- Speciality / Free From / Wheat Free / Cooking Ingredients & Sauces / Ingredients
- Speciality / Free From / Gluten Free / Home Baking
- Food Cupboard / Home Baking Ingredients / Batter & Suet / Batter
- Speciality / Free From / Wheat Free / Home Baking
- Speciality / Free From / Gluten Free / Cooking Ingredients, Kits & Sauces / Ingredients
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Prepare & Use
To make 4 pizza bases:
300g Pizza base mix (2 sachets)
200ml of cold water
3 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg lightly whisked
If using 1 (150g) sachet, halve the quantities & use a small egg.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°c (180°c for fan assisted ovens), Gas Mark 6.
2. Mix ingredients in a large bowl. Knead well until dough is silky & pliable. Divide into 4 balls.
3. Roll out each ball into 20cm (approx) diameter & about 2mm deep, then dust with cornflour to prevent the dough sticking.
4. Bake on non stick tray for 20 minutes turning half way. Remove from oven & add topping. Bake until toppings are cooked.
For best results avoid using tomato sauce with too much moisture. Try adding the topping on the base without part baking, the base might be a little chewier in the middle, but you might enjoy it! Roll out any unused dough, cover with cling film & freeze to use later.
Free From Potato or Maize
Country of Packing
Isabel's Cuisine Ltd,
Cutler Heights Lane,
- Contains: Lactose, Milk, Yeast
- Free from: Gluten, Wheat
Cassava Starch, Milk Powder, Salt, Natural Flavour
Suitable for Vegetarians
Free From Pork
Free From Beef
Suitable for Diabetics
Not Tested on Animals
No Added Salt
No Added Sugar
Suitable for Coeliacs
Free From Gluten
Free From Wheat
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
|Typical values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||2.3g|
|of which saturates||Trace|
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
This thin-based, pizza-style tart from Alsace has both sweet and savoury toppings.
1 hr 10 mins
These crescent-shaped folded pizzas can be filled with almost any pizza topping, but this is most popular, especially when served with a green salad.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.