Jackson Estate Gum Emperor Pinot Noir 2010 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £24.50
Another good NZ Pinot Noir. It’s Jackson Estate’s Gum Emperor, from Marlborough. While this isn’t New Zealand’s top Pinot Noir region, the best examples are brilliant, and this is one of the good ones.
Sweet, pure, ripe nose of aromatic dark cherry fruit with some lushness. The palate has lovely concentration of ripe, rich berry fruit with some jammy sweetness but also attractive freshness and a bit of tannic grip. A rich, seductive style of Pinot Noir for drinking now and over the next few years that is not without elegance and charm.
Jamie Goode Blog 16th May 2010
Jackson Estate is a special place, a testament to the vision and determination of the Stichbury and Jackson families who have farmed on the Wairu River plain at Jacksons Road for more than 160 years. Since planting our first Pinot Noir vineyards two decades ago, time, tide and fortune have smiled on Jackson Estate, and the unparalleled affinity between Malborough and fine winemaking has been spectacularly realised. The acclaim Jackson Estate Pinot Noir generates is based entirely on the merit of our mature, cool climate vineyards.
Named for the Gum Emperor moth Opodiphthera eucalypti that makes its home on the edge of our vineyards, this wine was hand-crafted from a specially selected parcel of grapes from the exceptional 2007 vintage. The Jackson Estate Gum Emperor Pinot Noir is idiosycratically New Zealand in style; true to vineyard, region and variety.
We invite you to share our philosophy and location with this wine.
Alc. 14% Vol.
- Drinks / Wine / Red Wine / New Zealand
- Off Licence / Fine Wine / Red
- Drinks / Wine / Fine Wine / Red
- Off Licence / Red Wine / New Zealand
- Off Licence / Red Wine / By Grape / Pinot Noir
- Drinks / Wine / Red Wine / By Grape / Pinot Noir
- Brands: Jackson Estate
- Countries: New Zealand
- Regions: Marlborough
- Grape Varieties: Pinot Noir
- Price Ranges: £20 plus
- Wine Cellar: Red, Fine Wine
Prepare & Use
Minimal sulphur dioxide added
Country of Origin
Jackson Estate Ltd,
Glass bottle recyclable.
- Contains: Sulphites
Contains Sulphur Dioxide/Sulphites
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.