Jus Roll Ready to Use Puff Pastry 500g
5 days guaranteed (avg. 16.5)*
Jus-Rol® Puff Pastry is ideal for a range of sweet and savoury recipes. Light and flaky it may be used for pies, tarts, strudels, sausage rolls and en croutes etc.
Keep Refrigerated; Suitable for Home Freezing
For best results: Remove from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before using. Roll out pastry while still cold, to required thickness, on a lightly floured surface. After rolling out, allow to stand for a few minutes before using.
For best results: Cook in a preheated oven at 220ºC (200ºC for fan assisted ovens)/425ºF/Gas Mark 7, or at the temperature stated in your recipe.
Preparation and Usage
Preparing your pastry
1. Take out of the fridge about 20 minutes before using.
2. Roll out the pastry while still cool to your required thickness on a lightly floured surface. After rolling out, allow to stand for a few minutes before using.
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C (200°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 7, or at the temperature required in your recipe.
Room Temperature = Ready
Allowing your pastry to rest at room temperature before using makes it much more supple and less likely to crack or break when handling.
Stand and Deliver
Once you have finished rolling, let your pastry stand for a moment to allow for a little shrinkage. This will reduce shrinkage during cooking and you'll enjoy perfect results.
Jus-Rol's Party Sausage Rolls All you need... Jus-Rol 500g puff pastry block 300g sausage meat or skinned sausages 70g pancetta or bacon - lightly fried and cooled 1 tsp wholegrain mustard 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage or parsley 1 egg - beaten Follow pastry preparation instructions. Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C for fan assisted ovens)/Gas Mark 7. 1. Combine the cooked bacon or pancetta with the sausage meat, mustard and chopped herbs. 2. Roll your pastry into a large rectangle to the thickness of a one pound coin on a lightly floured surface, allow to rest for a few minutes before trimming the edges to make a regular rectangle shape. 3. Use a sharp knife, carefully cut the pastry in half lengthways. 4. Take the first rectangle, brush one long edge with the beaten egg and place half of the meat mixture in the centre of the pastry so it reaches form top to bottom. 5. Fold the pastry over and seal together ensuring the join is underneath and glaze with beaten egg. Cut into 6 or 8 equal pieces depending on what size of sausage roll you prefer. 6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining rectangle. 7. Transfer the rolls on to a non-stick baking sheet and make cuts in the top of the rolls. 8. Bake for 15-18 minutes until the pastry is golden. Serve warm!
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
General Mills UK Ltd,
P.O. Box 363,
Full Product Name:
Chilled uncooked puff pastry block.
Keep refrigerated below 5°C
Home freezing: Freeze on day of purchase. Consume within 1 month. To defrost thaw overnight in your fridge or alternatively for 2 hours at room temperature. Once thawed do not refreeze.
Made in the UK
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients
Wheat Flour (contains Calcium Carbonate, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine), Margarine (Vegetable Oil (Palm Rapeseed in varying proportions),Water, Salt, Emulsifier: Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids), Water, Salt, Lemon Juice, Preservative: Potassium Sorbate
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans
|Typical Values||(uncooked) Per 100g||(uncooked) Per portion (50g)||%*|
|of which saturates||11.9g||6.0g||30%|
|of which sugars||0.8g||0.4g||<1%|
|*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)|
These impressive individual tarts, can be prepared quickly and simply.
A great vegetarian snack, and only 5 ingredients
Ideal for a quick light summer treat.
The artichokes in this tart are prepared ‘à la grecque’, but you can replace this process by simply using slived artichoke hearts from a jar, if you prefer.
Simon’s Cheshire Cheese Puffs make a delicious light lunch, starter, or party dish. They are ideal for Bonfire Night because they are a portable, handheld snack. The puffs can be prepared ahead of time and then baked when ready to serve. If you prefer, you could make these with another crumbly cheese, such as Caerphilly or Lancashire. Part of our Daily Brunch with Ocado recipe collection.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 28-Jan-2015 at 02:47. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.