Offer - La Chasse Syrah 75cl
This is an age restricted product
You will be asked at checkout to verify that you are over the age of 18
Price per 75cl: £5.99
The name La Châse is derived from the historic chest that contained the great reliquaries of the Popes who lived in Avignon during the 14th century.
La Châse Shiraz (also known Syrah) is sourced from the finest Languedoc vineyards in the South of France. Our winemakers carefully select the noble grapes to create this classic Shiraz.
This vibrant and full-flavoured red wine displays lively violet and red berry aromas and is in a smooth, fruity, medium-bodied style on the palate, with a long satisfying finish.
Alc. 13.5% Vol.
10.1 UK Units
- Brands: La Chasse Du Pape
- Grape Varieties: Shiraz - Syrah
- Wine Styles: Full Bodied
- Countries: Languedoc-Roussillon, Southern France
- Dietary & Lifestyle: Vegetarian
- Options: On Offer
- Price Ranges: Less than £6
- Wine Cellar: Red, IWSC
Drinking well now or cellar for up to 4 years.
Enjoy La Châse Shiraz on its own or with chicken, barbecues and cheese. Best served at 15-17°C. Drinking well now or cellar for up to 4 years
Preparation and Usage
Enjoy La Châsse Syrah on its own or with chicken, barbecues and cheese. Best served at 15-17°C.
This vibrant and full-flavoured red wine displays lively violet and red berry aromas and is in a smooth, fruity, medium-bodied style on the palate, with a long satisfying finish
Enjoy La Châsse Syrah on its own or with chicken, barbecues and cheese
Guy Anderson Wines
Gabriel Meffre is based in Gigondas in the heart of the Rhône valley and is one of the largest negociants in the Rhône, buying in wine from around the region, as well as from its own estates, and is well known in both France and export markets as a source of quality wines. In recent years, Gabriel Meffre have successfully developed La Châsse varietals from neighbouring Languedoc which have proved to be a natural and popular range extension from its base in the Rhône Valley.
The wine is sourced from the finest Languedoc vineyards in the South of France where the Gabriel Meffre winemaker Veronique Torcolacci has used her winemaking savvy to create this 100% Syrah.
Veronique Torcolacci and her team of winemakers at Gabriel Meffre are very hands-on in the vineyards. The grapes are de-stemmed and gently crushed. The resulting juice is fermented for between two and three weeks with daily pumping over of the skins to provide the intense, bright red colour that characterises the wine. Fermentation is temperature controlled at 25 degrees and - when finished - the wine is aged for 6 months in American and French oak.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Mis En Bouteille Par Gabriel Meffre,
Pack - Glass
Allergens can be found in the ingredients list
Suitable for Vegetarians
Pieces of chicken cooked slowly in a rich red wine sauce, enhanced by the robust flavours of shallots, garlic, mushrooms and bacon.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.