Lactofree Fresh Semi Skimmed Milk 1L
over 1 week *
Lactofree Virtually lactose free dairy drink with less than 0.05% lactose
What is Lactose Intolerance?
If drinking cows' milk causes you nausea, cramps, bloating, gas, diarrhoea, etc, you may be suffering from lactose intolerance, which makes your body unable to digest milk sugars. Most people have an enzyme called lactase in their stomach, which breaks down milk sugars into simpler forms that can then be absorbed easily by the body. If you're lactose intolerant, your body is short of this enzyme and hence can't break down the milk sugars. Lactose intolerance is a condition that develops naturally over time.
How Lactofree can help...
Fortunately for you, help is here. Lactofree is made from semi-skimmed cows' milk and filtered to remove half the milk sugars. Lactase enzyme is then added to the milk to break down the remaining milk sugars into simpler forms that your body can absorb. So what you get is delicious Lactofree, which has all the nutritious goodness of regular semi-skimmed milk.
Store upright in fridge at 0-5°C. Once opened use within 3 days and do not exceed the 'Use by' date. After each use, reclose and refrigerate at once.
Prepare & Use
Not suitable for milk allergy sufferers. If in doubt consult your GP
Country of Origin
- Contains: Milk
- Free from: Lactose
Semi Skimmed Milk, Lactase Enzyme
Suitable for Vegetarians
Free From Lactose
|Typical Values||per 100g||per 250ml serving|
|of which sugars||2.6g||6.5g|
|of which saturates||1.1g||2.8g|
|of which mono-unsaturates||1.3g|
|of which polyunsaturates||Traceg|
We all have those chocolate cravings that cannot be ignored. Lactofree community member Mia Botcher's easy Chocolate Sorbet recipe has only 4 ingredients and is so easy to make, you'll never be without a quick choc fix again!
1 hr 25 mins
Pancakes are perfect for breakfast, dessert or just when you have a craving for something delicious. Add a savoury topping to make a meal or sprinkle with something sweet for dessert.
Pasta is always a hit and this recipe for linguine with prawns is guaranteed to carry on that trend. A favourite with the Lactofree Team, try serving with a light salad and a crisp white wine.
Lactofree community member Liz Dunning created a recipe for cheesy cauliflower using Lactofree products - the perfect accompaniment to any meal!
Lactofree community member Mia Botcher's recipe for Crème Brulée with Fresh Berries offers a new twist on an old favourite - perfect for spring!
1 hr 20 mins
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 17-Apr-2014 at 03:51. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.