- Smart Pass
Limited stock, selling out fast. Save up to 60% on RRP.Special Buys
Find offers you'll love on brands you trust in our Baby Food & Drink Event.Baby Food & Drink
The Great British Barbecue's coming to a garden near you (whatever the weather).Let's Barbecue
Everything you need for a garden to be proud of.Gardening shop
Leckford Plain White Flour Waitrose 1.5kg
over 1 month *
Price per kg: £1.06
The Waitrose Farm
Leckford Estate Plain White Flour
Grown and harvested on the Waitrose Farm in Hampshire. Finely milled grain flour for sweet and savoury short short crust pies, rich dark fruit cakes and smooth sauces
- Brands: Waitrose
Store in a cool dry place
Prepare & Use
Deep Dish Apple Pie
For the pastry:
100g unsalted butter, diced
50g lard, diced
250g Leckford Estate Plain White Flour
For the filling:
1kg Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced
Squeeze of lemon
50g unsalted butter, diced
125g Demerara sugar, plus a little extra to sprinkle
8 whole cloves
1 medium egg, beaten, to glaze
1. To make the pastry, rub the butter and lard into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add 1 tablespoon cold water and mix to a firm dough, adding a dash more water if the dough feels dry. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Toss the apple slices in a bowl with the lemon juice, butter, sugar and cloves.
3. Pile the apple mixture into a 900ml pie dish. Roll out the pastry and use to cover the pie, trimming off the excess. Flute the edges and brush with beaten egg. Make a hole in the centre of the pie and sprinkle with extra sugar. Bake for 40 minutes until golden.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Paper bag recyclable.
- Contains: Gluten, Wheat
|Typical values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||1.6g|
|of which saturates||0.5g|
This classic, rich veal stew from Milan is flavoured with garlic and salty anchovies. Ask the butcher to cut the hind shanks into large chunks. Large flameproof casserole. Good with a saffron-flavoured risotto, or plain boiled rice. Leftovers can be made into a ragú to spoon over pasta. Simply shred the meat and add more stock if the sauce is too thick.
These muffins are sure to fix any chocolate cravings, and the buttermilk lends them a delicious lightness
This is a Danish classic, made with chicken or turkey instead of veal
This French favourite can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature. Good with plenty of thick cream or crème fraîche for spooning over, or with vanilla ice cream.
1 hr 15 mins
These quick and easy fishfingers, made with fresh cod and coated with pesto breadcrumbs, will become a family teatime favourite
View all recipes containing Leckford Plain White Flour Waitrose
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.