Maris Piper Potatoes Waitrose 2.5kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 7)*
Price per kg: 96p
A favourite English potato grown since 1963. Renowned for its white flesh and dry floury texture, Maris Piper is one of the best varieties for chips and also for roasting, baking, mashing.
Keep in a cool, dark place.
Prepare & Use
Oven Bake: Preheat oven. Wash the potatoes well. Dry and prick the skin with a fork. Place directly onto an oven shelf and bake for 1-1½ hours or until the skin is crisp and the flesh tender.
Oven Roast: Preheat oven. Peel and wash, then cut the potatoes into even-sized pieces. Part boil for 10 minutes. Drain then shake the pan to roughen the surfaces of the potatoes. Heat 4 tbsp of vegetable oil in a roasting tin. Add the potatoes and turn in the hot oil. Bake on the top shelf of the oven for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown and crispy. Turn occasionally.
Fry: Peel and cut into chips. Wash and dry thoroughly. Fry in preheated oil at 190°C for 5-6 minutes. To mash. Peel and cut the potatoes into even sized pieces. Place in a pan with just enough water to cover, add salt if desired and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Drain well and mash with a little butter and milk, or some crème fraiche together with some freshly ground pepper
Country of Origin
Country of origin may vary depending upon seasonality.
Plastic bag recyclable.
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||0.6g|
|of which saturates||Traceg|
A tasty dish of pan-fried cod fillets with parmesan mash and sundried tomato dressing.
The sweet potato and cheese in these bubble and squeak patties complement each other perfectly and make a great supper dish.
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
This must be the easiest roast dinner ever, serve the lamb simply carved with the hot potatoes, onions and fresh tasting salsa verde. There's no need for extra frills. If you're not a fan of anchovies, simply leave them out and season well with salt.
3 hrs 20 mins
Coronation chicken was invented by Constance Spry and Rosemary Hume to celebrate the coronation of Her Majesty the Queen in 1953. Today it is a classic salad and sandwich filling. Add a hotter curry paste if you like a bit more spice.
1 hr 10 mins
View all recipes containing Maris Piper Potatoes Waitrose
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.