Medium Free Range Whole Chicken Waitrose Typically: 1.32kg
3 days guaranteed (avg. 6)*
Typical price £7.67
Price per kg: £5.79
Min. weight: 1kg
Max. weight: 1.65kg
Waitrose Fresh British Free Range Chicken Without Giblets
Our free range chickens are reared exclusively for Waitrose on small, family farms in Northern Ireland. By day they are free to roam in open pastures and exhibit their natural behaviour. By night, they are protected in purpose built sheds and are fed a natural, cereal based diet.
- Fresh / Meat & Poultry / Chicken / Free Range / Whole Birds
- Fresh / Meat & Poultry / Chicken / Whole Birds / Free Range
- Brands: Waitrose
Keep refrigerated below 4°C. For use by date see front of pack.
Once opened consume within 2 days. Do not exceed date shown. Cool any leftovers to room temperature, refrigerate within 2 hours and consume within 2 days.
Suitable for freezing on day of purchase. Use within one month. Defrost fully before use: do not refreeze once defrosted.
Prepare & Use
Preparation: Wash hands, all surfaces and utensils after touching raw poultry.
Electric (200°C): 45 mins/kg + 20 mins.
Fan (180°C): 45 mins/kg + 20 mins.
Gas (gas mark 6): 45 mins/kg + 20 mins.
Preheat oven. Remove all packaging. Place in a roasting dish, brush with oil and place in an oven until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat. If the breast browns too quickly cover with foil. Stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
|Typical values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||Trace|
|of which saturates||4.2g|
This is a very appealing way to cook chicken, whether you serve it up hot or leave it to cool and make it part of a picnic. There are no hard and fast rules about the herbs – just use what you’ve got and what you like. Having said that, I think combining one or two ‘lighter’ herbs, such as parsley and chervil, with a smaller quantity of a stronger leaf, such as thyme, marjoram, oregano or tarragon, is a good way to go. You can cook the chicken in the oven, but I like it best over a hot barbecue or in a chargrill pan.
This delicious soup is a great way to get the most from your Roast Chicken.
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.