Merchant Gourmet Authentic French Puy Lentils 500g
Price per 100g: 55.8p
These genuine Puy Lentils are grown in the region of Le Puy en Velay in France and are without doubt the tastiest lentil we know. The volcanic soil and unique climate of Le Puy en Velay give these dark green lentils their uniquely peppery flavour and strong earthy aroma, making them a firm favourite with all food lovers.
- Food Cupboard / Tins & Cans / Beans & Pulses / Lentils
- Food Cupboard / Tins & Cans / Vegetables / Lentils
Store in a cool, dry place.
Prepare & Use
For best results:
No need to pre-soak. Rinse the lentils under running water then drain. Put the lentils in a saucepan and cover with twice their volume of water (try vegetable stock, or half stock half wine for extra flavour). Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15-20 mins until the lentils are 'al dente' (firm to the bite). Drain and serve.
Country of Origin
2 Rollins Street,
Do not eat raw lentils. The product may contain volcanic stones and small wheat grains which contain gluten..
- Contains: Gluten
Authentic Puy Lentils.
Suitable for Vegans
Suitable for Vegetarians
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||4.8g|
|of which saturates||0.4g|
A delicious and healthy dish of cod with puy lentils in a red wine sauce.
This is a light and healthy salad that tastes just as good the day after it is made. If you fancy serving with homemade croutons, simply drizzle a little olive oil over sliced ciabatta bread, cook until crisp and golden on a preheated griddle pan and cut into croutons.
Cook's Note Always rinse dried lentils thoroughly before using. They can be muddy and gritty. Variation Use pistachio nuts or almonds instead of pine nuts.
Cook's Notes If you want to speed up the cooking, use a 400g can of brown lentils instead of the dried. Drain them well and use only half the quantity of cider. The time in the oven should be reduced to 45 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through.
2 hrs 15 mins
Orange and cardamom complement the natural sweetness of carrots and cashews in this tasty meal.
1 hr 20 mins
View all recipes containing Merchant Gourmet Authentic French Puy Lentils
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.