Merchant Gourmet Cooked & Peeled Whole Chestnuts 200g
over 3 weeks *
Passion for food discovery.
Roasted & ready to use.
Deliciously sweet with a firm texture.
"...These wild chestnuts retain much of their natural firm texture and sweet flavour. Hand selected, they are gently roasted, peeled, then immediatelly vacuum packed to seal in all their delicious flavour, texture and freshness".
Keep in a cool dry place. Once opened keep refrigerated and use within 7 days.
Prepare & Use
For best results.
These chestnuts can be eaten hot or cold. To open, immerse vacuum pack in hot water for a few minutes, snip top and loosen the chestnuts. Alternatively pierce the film and microwave on high for 1 minute.
Hints & tips.
To serve hot, fry gently in melted butter. Add ground cinnamon with salt and pepper for a little extra spice.
Chop and sauté with brussel sprouts and bacon, or add to bubble and squeak.
Scatter the chestnuts amongst layers of spinach, aubergine, fried red onions and goat's cheese. Season and add a little stock before topping with puff pastry and baking.
Add to stews and old fashioned roasts for extra sweetness and texture.
Mix into crème fraiche, whipped cream and vanilla sugar for a sweet tartlet filling
2 Rollins Street,
- Contains: Nut
- May Contain: Peanut
Cooked Peeled Chestnuts
Suitable for Vegans
Suitable for Vegetarians
Free From Artificial Colours
Free From Artificial Flavours
Free From Artificial Preservatives
|Typical Values||per 100g|
|of which sugars||6.6g|
|of which saturates||0.2g|
Variation Use stewing beef instead of venison.
2 hrs 30 mins
This Chestnut and Pumpkin Seed Croustade Cups with Red Butternut Squash and Cranberry Jus is a perfect November dish from the Vegetarian Society.
2 hrs 30 mins
Easy-peasy inspiration for after-work meals and simple entertaining.
Enjoy this tasty twist on traditional seasonal sprouts.
A stunning vegetarian pie, perfect for winter.
View all recipes containing Merchant Gourmet Cooked & Peeled Whole Chestnuts
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.