- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Milton Sterilising Fluid 500ml
Price per 100ml: 47p
Nex Milton Complete Protection
Faster: Milton Method in 15 Minutes!
Hygiene for baby and home
Clinically proven, 500 ml Hygiene for baby and home.
TRUSTED AND USED BY HOSPITALS.
The Milton Sterilising Fluid allows you to sterilise in 15 minutes. Milton has been sterilising babies utensils for over 50 years and is clinically proven to protect against all germs (bacteria, viruses and fungi), which can be harmful to your baby. Babies are at their most vulnerable, whilst they are developing their immune system, so it is important that feeding utensils are sterilised thoroughly until they are at least 12 months old.
The Milton Solution is harmless and leaves no unpleasant taste or odour, so there is no need to rinse after use - utensils are safe for your baby to use immediately.
Kills germs such as E-coli, Listeria, Salmonella, Campylobacter and Rotavirus (which can cause gastroenteritis), and Candida albicans (which can cause thrush).
Tested anti-germ activity in 15 minutes:
Bactericidal: EN 1040, EN 1276.
Kills Salmonella, Listeria, Campylobacter.
Fungicidal: EN 1275 on Candida albicans.
Virucidal: NFT 72-180.
- Brands: Milton
Prepare & Use
Follow the 3-step method below to sterilise breastfeeding equipment and all babies feeding utensils, including bottles, soothers, teething rings, small plastic toys and weaning items. Each solution lasts for 24 hours.
The Milton Method.
Follow instructions carefully for best results.
1) Clean utensils thoroughly after each feed.
Clean bottles and teats thoroughly with warm soapy water.
Rinse with cold water.
2) Prepare Milton Solution.
Fill you Milton Sterilising Unit with cold water.
For every 2.5 litres water, add 1/2 capful (15ml) of Milton Fluid.
3) Completely immerse utensils.
Ensure that no air bubbles are trapped inside the bottles/utensils.
Items are ready to use after 15 minutes or can be left for 24 hours until you need to use them again.
Wash your hands before removing utensils from the solution.
Drain bottles and teats - no need to rinse.
Fill bottles immediately and cover teats.
Other Milton uses: Ideal at home to protect your family. Use the Milton fluid (as per the dilution instructions indicated) to sterilise or disinfect all non-metallic surfaces and items, eg:
Nursery Hygiene (highchairs, wooden and plastic toys, bibs, changing mats, baby baths etc).
Kitchen Hygiene (work surfaces, cupboards, chopping boards, fridges, soaking cups/glasses etc).
Food Hygiene (soaking salads and vegetables).
Camping and Brewing Hygiene.
Travel Tip: to make water safe for drinking, use half a teaspoon (2.5ml) of Milton Fluid to 5 litres of water and leave for 15 minutes.
Warnings: Avoid prolonged contact with metal. Avoid contact with eyes, in the event of contact, rinse eyes with warm water. Do not inhale. Do not use in combination with other products as toxic gases may be released (chlorine). Milton may discolour fabric on contact.
To open child safe cap, push tabs and unscrew. To re-seal, turn cap clockwise until a click is heard.
Take care not to over-tighten.
Country of Packing
Ceuta Healthcare Ltd,
41 Richmond Hill,
Avoid prolonged contact with metal. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Do not inhale. Do not use in combination with other products as toxic gases may be released (chlorine). Milton may discolour fabric on contact..
Active ingredient: Sodium Hypochlorite (CAS: 7681-52-9): 2% w/w
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.