Offer - Mornflake Pure Organic Oats 750g
Organic Oats 750g
Carving for our World
Grown with our heritage in mind
Organic Food Federation
Organic Certification UK4
International Gold Medal winners for quality, purity and consistency year after year after year.
People with a healthy heart tend to eat more wholegrain foods as part of a healthy lifestyle
Mornflake Organic Oats are grown to established organic standards which fully comply with all UK and EU Organic specifications. Our crops rely for their purity on the goodness of the soil, enriched only by natural means. Oats were once one of the UK's largest cereal crops but are now one of the smallest. For decades, Mornflake have placed some of the largest contracts for growing oats, thus conserving them as a vital part of the British agriculture.
For Mornflake Organic Oats, we select only the best organically grown crops. Our milling history dates back to 1675 and nobody does it better!
We mill them carefully in the heart of the Cheshire countryside to retain all their bran and high-fibre goodness. We use no additives or preservatives, so we don't add anything that nature didn't intend
Store in a cool, dry place away from strong odours.
Prepare & Use
Hob - From Ambient. For Best Results! On the Hob
In a saucepan mix 40g of Mornflake Organic Oats with 285mls (1/2 pint) of cold water. Bring to the boil and then stir continuously for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stand for 1 minute. If you like your porridge creamier make as above with milk or use half milk, half water. Add salt or sugar to taste as required.; Microwave - From Ambient. Alternatively prepare in the microwave.
Using a large microwavable bowl, mix 40g of Mornflake Organic Oats with 285mls (1/2 pint) of cold water, leave uncovered and cook on full power¿ for 2 minutes. Stir well and then cook for a further 1 to 2 minutes on full power. Leave to stand for 1 minute. If you like your porridge creamier, make as above with milk or use half milk, half water. Add salt or sugar to taste as required.
¿Based on 800w microwave oven, so if yours is different adjust the time accordingly.
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
North Western Mills,
Box - Card - Widely Recycled; Insert - Plastic - Check Local Recycling
Mornflake Organic Oatflakes (100%)
Suitable for Vegetarians; Suitable for Vegans; Organic
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per 40g Portion ***||%RI¿ Per 40g Portion|
|of which saturates||1.3g||0.5g||3%|
|of which sugars||1.0g||0.4g||<1%|
|Reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal) (¿RI = Reference Intake)|
|**The salt content is exclusively due to the presence of naturally occuring sodium|
|***Nutrition information per 40g portion will be the same when the produc is cooked with water|
Romkugler were invented by cunning Danish bakers who solved the problem of what to do with leftover pieces of cake by mixing the bits with jam, rum and cocoa powder to make a sweet paste, then rolling this into balls and coating in dessicated coconut to sell afresh the next day. My recipe uses oats instead of cake crumbs, but feel free to experiment! Whether made with cake or oats, Danes will often tell you that these dark chocolatey rum truffles are one of the treats they miss most from home. I can see why, as they are utterly delicious. They are a doddle to make, so keep these in the fridge to scoff whenever you feel the need for a little pick-me-up.
- Tesco Price Match
- ** Matched to Tesco's standard retail price on 27-Nov-2014 at 01:34. See our Terms and Conditions for full details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.