- Smart Pass
Save up to Half Price in our Summer SaleSummer Sale
Here comes the sun – and we’ve got everything you need.Holiday Shop
Big savings on your family’s favourite ice creams and lolliesIce Cream Festival
Our new range has everything you need for a Great British barbecue (except the weather).Let's Barbecue
Offer - Natoora Fennel Salami "Finocchiona" 70g
Mix & Match: Buy any 2 for £5. Order by 12/8/2014, offer subject to availability. Maximum 20 promotional items per customer.
5 days guaranteed (avg. 8)*
Price per 100g: £4.27
• Freshly sliced every day at Natoora, in London
• Smooth, fragrant and very aromatic
• Seasoned to perfection
• From a top producer based in Chianti
This is the classic Finocchiona made using both fat and lean meat from the belly and shoulder of Italian pigs, and incorporating a long maturing process in humid, dark cellars.
Velvety-smooth on the palate, its appearance is rosy and friable, hence the traditional Tuscan name sbriciolona, meaning crumbly. It is seasoned with salt, pepper, spices and wild fennel (finocchio) seeds. In a product like this, the balance of the key flavouring element - in this case fennel - is paramount. If used in excess it becomes overwhelming and unpleasant.
It is a balance that can be pursued by those who have nothing to hide, or better still, those producers who want the fragrance and flavour of their choice pork to remain clearly perceptible while blending harmoniously with the other aromatic elements that characterise the product.
Renieri has been making outstanding charcuterie since the 1950s, strictly following traditional methods and putting extra care in sourcing the best Italian meats and ingredients. Based in Chianti, they are renowned for the high quality and superb flavour of their products
Keep refrigerated below +5° C. Once opened, consume within 2 days.
Prepare & Use
Due to the high fat content the slices can be hard to seperate from the packaging whilst cold. Remove from the fridge well before serving to allow the salame to reach room temperature, this will also improve the flavour.
Like any cured meat it is perfectly fine to eat it on its own, as part of a platter or in a sandwich. Finocchiona however is particularly good as an appetiser paired with vegetables and fruits. Try it with a sliced raw fennel and orange salad with a few pomegranate seeds and even some slivers of parmesan. One of our chefs serves it with shaved raw brussel sprouts and parmesan
Country of Origin
Country of Packing
Pork (127g Pork per 100g product), Fat (36%), Wild Fennel Seeds (0.3%), Salt, Spices, Natural Flavourings, Preservative (E252), Anti Oxidant (E300).
- Life guarantee
- * Minimum life based on 'use-by' date of product. Average life based on last week's deliveries. Life guarantee shown based on delivery tomorrow and includes day of delivery. Please book a slot to view Life guarantee for your chosen delivery day. See Terms and Conditions for further details.
- These summary details have been prepared for information purposes only, and are designed to enhance your shopping experience on the Ocado website. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it is accurate, it is not a substitute for your reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should note that products and their ingredients are subject to change. If you do require precise ingredient information you should consult the manufacturer, whose contact details will appear on the packaging or label.
- Ocado is therefore unable to accept liability for any incorrect information. Where this description contains a link to another party's website for further information on the product, please note that Ocado has no control over and no liability for the contents of that website.
- You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included.
- This data is supplied for personal use only. It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Ocado Limited's prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement.